Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blah Sunday

I know it was a re-run but I watched SNL last night and Florence and the Machine was the band - I love Dog Days are Over - that is one of our favorite dance party songs. I had a goal of cutting back my ativan from 1.5 mg to 1 mg per night on March 1st, chemo infusions usually make sleep pretty easy so I thought it was a good goal but I started last night and didn't have too much trouble going to sleep when I went up a bit after 1AM.
Rob and Ellie were up early - Nick and I got out of bed a bit before 8AM. Rob's plan was to take the kiddos with him to church this morning - I didn't want to chance picking up any other germs so I was staying home. Nick didn't want to get dressed and then said he wanted to stay home and we know better than to push that one. Rob and Ellie went to church and Nick and I stayed here. Ellie looked real cute today in one of the new dresses we picked up last weekend - Nick wasn't so bad himself in a hand-me-down sweater that Nana made for Ellie.
Nick wanted to watch a movie and he hadn't watched Country Bears yet so I put that into watch and got him a snack. I worked on my St. Patrick's day felt project because my hands won't be able to do the sewing this coming week and then it will be too late. Rob and Ellie came home and they all decided they would go into the "attic hole" (Nick's name for the attic) and put some rubbermaids up there. Nick has been dying to go into the attic hole for months now but as soon as his head met the opening he freaked out - very short lived trip into the attic hole. Ellie went up and just sat for a couple minutes.
We had lunch and then the kids played downstairs for a bit. It was laundry day so I was able to do a few loads and put away a few. I straightened the linen closet up and weeded out a few sets of sheets we have had since we first got married and no longer really fit our mattress. I continued my crafting and put Country Bear back on for the kids. Ellie tried her hand at a sewing project but kept getting her thread tangled up and was frustrated. Ellie and Rob spent some time doing math prep for the i-sat testing this week at school.
We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom was just plating up a chicken appetizer she made and had the menu out for Grecian Delight. Mom had been painting some of Nick's dollhouse furniture for him and she made him the most darling throw pillows for the couch and chairs for the living room set. I drove with Dad to pick up dinner and I was amazed that gas jumped almost 10 cents a gallon overnight. We had a nice dinner on the porch - Ellie had lit a bunch of candles and it looked nice. I had a spinach pie and it had way too much oregano in it - kind of gross. We had some cookies for dessert and were on our way home.
We got vitamins, teeth brushed, PJs on and it was bedtime for the kiddos. I got Nick to sleep and Rob did some flash cards with Ellie before she went to sleep. It is really raining here right now, along with thunder and lightening so it probably won't be a great sleep night if this keeps up. Rob and I have had the Oscars on - although, they seem pretty boring this year. I have been able to finish about 3/4 of my project - hopefully I will be able to finish them up tomorrow. Rob just went up to bed and if you know the "old" Rob your mouth would be wide open in shock right now. When I first met Rob Oscar night was sacred. Rob would hang out in his bathrobe and drink and watch the entire red carpet shindig - I guess he has lost interest over the years.
My hands are ultra dry and still peeling. My feet are tingly but not as bad as yesterday. My gums are still throbby - can't wait to see Dr. Gallai and get my teeth cleaned. I am both excited and sad that March 1st is this week - so excited to be done with infusions and all the side effects but sad because it has been a pretty big part of my life for the last 5 months with every other week visits that will cease. My lip really hurts right now because I accidentally stuck it (twice) with the sewing needle. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment