Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Its been a long day

I watched my late night tv and then switched to foodtv for a bit before deciding to go up instead of falling asleep on the couch. Nick came into our bed early around 5AM and the boy did not go back to sleep. Nick had entire conversations with us while we tried to sleep - including that Rob needs to bring him home a box from work so that he can build a new car garage from it. Ellie got up at 7AM and Nick shot out of bed and went to play with Ellie - I slept for another 20 minutes.
We got dressed in layers and went downstairs to eat breakfast. We got Ellie bundled for the walk and wait at the bus stop - I let her wear my boots, she was very excited. The Skokie sidewalk plow still hasn't come by (and I am thinking its not going to) so the kiddos had to wait on the street again. I got the car warming up and Nick and I were off to preschool. I dropped him off and I stopped into Salvation Army - I got some St. Patrick's Day napkins and little beer mugs, a new folder organizer thingy from the Container Store, a spring coat, a cute little shirt for El, a darling little wedgewood dish (.66) and some Frank Lloyd Wright note cards.
I still had some time so I dropped into Wings and found Nick a pair of shoes and El a very cute summer hat. Still having about an hour I debated going home but decided to try the Hallmark that is closing (everything is 70% off). Interesting thing I noticed at Hallmark - there are tons of wife and Mom cards available but no husband or Dad cards. I was able to get some Valentine stuff, a couple miscellaneous cards and a couple other things. I really liked seeing the total ring up at $78 and then get widled down to $23 - very nice.
I headed to get Nick from school - he got into the car and couldn't recall really anything about his day at school. We picked up Wendy's and went to Mom's house for lunch and some play time. The sun porch was over 100 degrees and we had to put on the ceiling fan and I had to take off some of my layers. We ate lunch and then fed the animals outside with some hamburger buns and french fries - the nutty squirrels were very happy. I took a nap on the couch and Mom and Nick played because he kept asking me to close my eyes.
Mo helped me change Scarlett and she is very un-happy. The closest feeling I can associate with it is a paper cut but figure it has about an inch perimeter and is about 1/3" wide. We got bundled and headed to pick Ellie up from the bus stop. We stopped at home for Ellie to make a washroom stop, pick up some coloring books and snacks and then we were off to Ellie's appointment at CW. It was a fun drive up - we were just throwing out things to talk about - do deer sleep in the snow or do they gather leaves to sleep on? those kind of things.
We got to CW and met Trish, I filled out some paperwork and then Ellie and Trish went to do their thing. Nick feels very comfortable there for only being there one other time - he went to find Stuart and told me he had gone on a tour and he could show me where they do yoga and we should go find Ellie. The only problem with sitting with Nick for an hour there is they have candy dishes filled with candy and Nick thinks its an endless supply just for him. We managed to just end up with a box of nerds and that kept him busy for the hour. Ellie came back all smiles - she hasn't shared much with me about their visit other than they did a fair amount of art. Looks like we will have a weekly appointment with Trish.
Nick was beyond tired and cranky and Ellie wanted to go out for dinner - I had a hot mess of kiddos in the backseat. We ended up at Corner Bakery because everyone can find something to eat there. Nick fell asleep on the car ride home and I thought I had it made and I could just transfer him into bed but he woke up. Ellie did her homework while I got Nick settled into bed. I tucked Ellie in and I came down to chill out. I had a headache that began on the ride home and just was pounding by the time I got home so I took some tylenol and it is better now.
I don't think I need to go into how the extreme cold was not good for the hands or feet today. My body aches are gone now. Teeth still feel funky. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment