Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am shopped out

I watched my late night tv and then watched the last part of Craig Ferguson before going up to bed. I got to my side of the bed and realized Nick was in my spot - I carried him back to his bed and tucked him back in. In all fairness, Nick's room is the coldest bedroom in our house and it was freezing last night. We were all up around 6:30AM because Rob couldn't find his wallet and came up a couple times to look through his dresser. Ellie, Nick and I helped Rob look through clothing and piles - we weren't sure if Nick might have hidden it or if Rob had left it at a restaurant yesterday - turned out to be under the kids snow pants. We had breakfast and got dressed in our layers. The kids got under the quilt in the back room to watch Martha Speaks.
I helped Ellie bundle up for her walk to the bus stop - thankfully the bus came very soon after she arrived at the stop. I took Nick to school - he was excited for his Valentine's day party today. I started out at Constructive Playthings looking for some inspiration for the Valentine's day party in Ellie's classroom. I was hoping to find pre-cut hearts at an affordable cost but instead I ended up with construction paper to cut out my own. I did find Thomas silly bands for Nick's birthday and some St. Patrick's decorations and a couple little stuffers for Ellie's Valentine bags for her classrooms.
I had a couple things I needed at Target and headed there. I ended up with a cart so full I had to use the bottom piece of the cart. I got the detergent and snacks I went there for but also found that the stools that I have been waiting to go on sale were on sale. I picked up the snack for the part - ice cream cone cupcakes. The big buy section (like Costco size stuff) was all on clearance so I was able to pick up vitamins and snack at a better price. I was able to fit everything into the truck and still had about 30 minutes until I needed to pick up Nick.
I stopped into Michael's to see if I could find hearts their but no luck. I was able to find candy necklace kits on sale and picked them up for Ellie's party. I went to pick Nick up and was able to read through some old magazines in the car before Nick came out - he had a good party. We picked up lunch and went to Mom's house. I remember one of my funny Nick's moments from yesterday...we were on the sun porch and the solar heat was so intense that Nick got hot and stripped off his clothes. We helped Mom take down the Chinese New Year decorations and some of them were put up with the wall putty. Nick took the wall putty and attached it to his stomach and then stuck a marble to it and announced he had a Scarlett too. We seriously laughed until we cried and he had it stuck there until I pulled it off.
We had a lovely lunch on the sun porch and the boys played kitchen. We went inside to cool off because the porch was so warm and the boys wanted to watch Noddy - except they don't really watch Noddy. Mom and I changed out Scarlett - getting a bit more happy but still broken down skin and red. Nick went into meltdown mode when we needed to leave to get Ellie and didn't talk to me the entire ride home. Ellie got in the car and asked Nick about his party and then he wouldn't shut up.
The anticipation got the the best of me and we went to the new Tuesday Morning - if you are a fan of Tuesday Morning I would suggest you wait another week or two before going to the new one because it still isn't quite stocked. We did end up with a couple foodie items and then the kids asked if we could stop into Half Price Books - so we did. We scored on clearance dvds - we got about 6 movies for $1 or $2 a piece. We also found a couple books on clearance that we picked up.
We came home and we all worked to unload the car - I am glad Rob was home. While I unpacked bags and put stuff away, Ellie started her homework and Rob and Nick started to build the new stools. Little bit chaotic because Nick isn't all about listening to directions when involved in a project. We took a break from stool building to do laundry and the kids did garbage duty. Rob and Nick hung a bulletin board to the back of Nick's door - he wanted a place to hang things in his room and immediately hung a calendar and began to "mark" things on it. While Ellie worked on the stools with Rob, Nick and I planted our new edible flower garden. We switched and Nick helped Rob and Ellie helped me make dinner.
We had dinner and then we let Nick decide who he wanted to put him to bed - me! Ellie and Rob watched Wipeout and I got Nick to sleep. He made a request for the breaking the house song - hum? I asked him to sing a bit of it for me and he said, "you have a messy room." He wanted Bushel and a Peck - the line he was referring to is - you make the house a wreck, you make your room a mess - I did have a bit of a laugh when i finally figured out which song he was referencing.
Rob took Ellie up to bed and I watched Grays and played on the computer. I found a website today that is like facebook but specifically built for 6-12 year olds and I created an account for Ellie. Around 9PM Rob heard footsteps - it was Ellie coming down (an hour after rob tucked her in) to find her gym shoes and put them into her bag for Jump Rope for Hearts tomorrow - she is so excited. Rob walked her back up and tucked her in. We watched Private Practice and I started blogging - been typing forever. Rob and I have been talking in between so I've been distracted.
Hands, feet and nose tinglies today. Teeth still annoying - cannot wait to get a cleaning when this is all through. For whatever reason, my nails are bothering me. I cut them all off yesterday and now they are so sore. No headache tonight so that is a bonus. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I've got to say, for as little as Nick sees Scarlett, he sure relates to her in a very vivid way. From the drawing he did back in December, to his truly perfect, dimensional depiction of her yesterday. There are some things that will stay with me forever...this is one of them. You do look wonderful. I truly like your chemo freckles...very healthy looking, ironic, huh? The end of this phase is well within reach. Hang tight...you're almost there. By the way, how are the new stools? Do they have backs? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete