Friday, February 4, 2011

Fried Friday

I rode out the waves of nausea last night while watching late night tv, sipping mint tea and playing games on facebook. I guess I am lucky that all I get are waves of nausea and not the whole vomit thing but it still stinks to feel queasy. My main issue right now is I have this coating all over my throat and mouth and nothing seems to cut through it - tea, hot coffee, mints, ginger - I might have to make an El Famous run tomorrow and see if some salsa will do the trick.
Ellie was up early and she came into our room and woke me up to tell me one of our clocks (either hers or mine) was wrong. I looked at our clock and it said 7:34 but wasn't moving so I told Ellie her clock was probably right but she went downstairs to make sure. Ellie came in to tell me it was my clock that was wrong - Rob never pushed it back from set to time so it showed the alarm time instead of the actual time. Ellie came in about every 5 minutes to see if Nick was awake yet, if I was ready to wake up or if we were ready to get dressed. I got up and Ellie had picked out a nice warm outfit for her to wear to school today, I got dressed and by the time I was finished Nick had woke up. I got Nick dressed and we went downstairs to have breakfast. I looked outside and saw that the sidewalk plow still hadn't been through and I told Ellie I would drive her to school - I didn't want her walking and waiting in a street that wasn't really plowed.
We bundled up and gave the neighbors a ride to school - the Skokie arterial streets still suck. I cannot believe 48 hours later major streets only have one operable lane in either direction and the corners really stink. I felt so bad for any kids who had to try to walk to school through all that snow today. We dropped the kids off and went over to Mom's house. Nick played with trains and toys, Mom took a shower and I fell blissfully asleep on the couch. I woke up just in time to get in the car and pick Ellie up from school - she only had a half day today.
Streets still sucked and honestly - no plows in sight in Evanston, Skokie or Chicago. I waited in the car for the bus to come - took a while today. We went back to Mom's and heated up the macaroni and cheese and sausages from the other night for lunch - Mom had made Nick a ham sandwich with corn pudding and apples. We ate lunch and watched Shrek the final Chapter with Mom. Ellie escaped into the computer room to make artsy things and Nick tried to annoy her. I found my way out onto the sun porch - which was about 100 degrees and bright and sunny and I feel asleep for nap number 2 of the day. It seems like Friday is the day chemo catches up to me and I am the most tired.
I woke up and Dad was home early and playing wii with Ellie and Nick was in the kitchen with Mom. I started the car warming up and we packed up our stuff to go home. Oakton was great in Evanston but went to 1 lane in Skokie. Still no real sight of plows. We came home and the kids had their dance marathon in the living room - I took an ativan to hopefully squelch the wave of nausea.
I got a package today from my girlfriend, Jules. Jules got me old lady bath shoes with built in exfoliates in them so "I don't have to bend". They were a gag gift but I just might give them a try. Thanks girlfriend.
Ironically, for not getting mail the past two days we only got about 3 pieces of mail today. Nick helped me prepare dinner - we were having cherry, chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Nick pitted all our cherries and then helped me mix the batter. We topped the pancakes with whipped cream and they were delicious. We got PJS on and brushed teeth and then came back down to watch some valentine cartoons on demand. Nick had an issue with us calling that movie night because we weren't watching an actual dvd.
We all went upstairs - Nick took forever to go to sleep but finally did and Ellie wrote in her journal while I was getting Nick to sleep. Plans for tomorrow - the kids want to make valentines tomorrow morning and in the afternoon we have the church carnival. Aches and pains today - upper thighs and back pain from the neulasta shot, hand tinglies from the cold. I am obviously tired and still have those waves of nausea. 2 more, only 2 more - I can do this. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You know you can do it! Countdown....2 more! Sleep is good...SO good. I'm glad you got the naps in. The kids keep me in a really good place mentally...I can't keep up with their speed of thought, and I think I'm pretty good. The plows did come through. At least a half dozen times...when we were getting ready to leave Katherine's at 1:30, yes, AM. None of us were completely sure what they were doing. The streets are pretty much down to pavement here. Hopefully the Ativan helped...the pancakes sound yummy! We'll talk in the morning I'm sure...Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete