Friday, February 18, 2011

Hope the ativan kicks in soon

I passed out on the couch for a while last night and then went up to bed sometime - chemo brain. Nick was up way too early and he woke Ellie up to join him. They went down for breakfast - I slept until the alarm went off. I got Ellie ready for school and off to the bus and then I checked in with Mom - we were going to head over there sometime today. I fell right back to sleep on the couch - so tired today.
I woke up around 9:45 and took a quick shower and nick and I got dressed and headed over to Mom's house. We went out to the sun porch which was like 110 degrees and found my way to the couch and proceeded to fall asleep again. I slept for a bit over 2 hours - we had the doors open a bit because the porch was so hot - good sleeping. I woke up and Mom had made me lunch - I have the best Mom ever. I ate my veggie and cheese wrap and then Nick and I helped finish up organizing the kitchen in the sun porch.
We can home to get Ellie off the bus and then we got ready for our evening. Uncle Bill was picking Ellie up and meeting up with Rob for an early dinner and then Rob and Ellie were going to the basketball game tonight. Ellie changes into her Viking purple clothes to support the team and I think she made some signs. Nick and I were heading to Northbrook Court for the 8' tall Buzz Lightyear Lego build.
Nick and I got to Northbrook Court (for our date night) and we found the Buzz display. They had him built up to about his knees and then the head was already done. Nick really wasn't interested and asked if we could go and walk around instead. I asked him if he wanted to eat at a restaurant or in the food court - restaurant it was. The Claim Jumper was were we ended up and we had a delightful dinner together. Nick asked me to sit next to him and our food came out quickly - he insists we must go back with Rob and Ellie.
We went to the tree house for a bit before checking to see how far Buzz had got (about thigh high) and we got a rice krispie treat from Starbucks and were on our way home. I secretly hoped Nick would fall out on the car ride home but that didn't happen. I have been so nauseous since dinner - I have the garbage can next to me and I broke out the queasy pops I bought about 4 months ago. Mom and I changed out Scarlett today and she is looking pretty good - hopefully that will be the trend but I somehow know otherwise. I have minor aches today - lower back, upper thighs and a bit of chest pain - neulasta. My gums are what are really irritating me - its just constant burning - cannot wait to get them cleaned. Looking forward to getting away for 24 hours or so - hopefully the weather will cooperate. I found it odd that my hand tingled as badly in the high winds today as they do in the extreme cold.
Last thought - I hope some of you were able to see the moon as is was rising up tonight - the biggest moon I think I have ever seen - it was big out of a movie big - pretty awesome sight. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. The moon was (is) incredible! Glad you got some good sleep in today...hopefully it will continue tonight. Do you have any of that Biotene mouthwash? Maybe swishing that would help? Hopefully the getaway will be good for head, heart and body...enjoy the time together. Didn't Margaret tell you that you could take Tylenol? You can take that with the Ativan. Hope you sleep well...travel safely. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete