Thursday, February 3, 2011

The sun made the day

I watched my late night tv and then went up to bed. Had an average night of sleep - nothing too good or bad. The kids were up early and I tried to persuade Nick to go down stairs with Rob but he wanted to finger torture me instead. I got up and had breakfast and some coffee - the kids had some breakfast too.
Rob had already made plans for the kiddos to join him while he went into work for about an hour. They would get to bring a dvd with to watch on the multi-tv wall - they brought High School Musical with. We started warming up the cars about 30 minutes before we actually wanted to leave - it was cold today but the sun made it feel better than it really was. I got the kids dressed in layers and then bundles in their winter apparel. Rob was off with the kids and then I was off to Kellogg. I was amazed at how the arterial streets weren't really that great. Crawford was still only plowed with one lane wither direction and no plowing of the designated turning lanes. I was a car behind this huge front loader with a l=plow on it that moved some snow just South of Oakton and then drove with his plow up all the way up to Central street.
I checked in and waited for Claudette to come find me. Disconnect went smoothly - except the stupid tape is killing my skin. I worked to peel the tape off gently and was still left with huge areas of redness and realized later while showering that I actually blistered and the top layer of skin is red and irritated. I came home and Rob and the kids were home not too soon after with lunch.
We all had lunch together and then I fell asleep on the couch. I have had waves of nausea today and a bit of joint pain. Rob played with the kids while I slept - Kitty Kitty fell asleep in my lap - kept me warm. I woke up not feeling so good and as soon as I moved I hurt. I took my shower to warm up and get off all the adhesive residue . The kids got their PJS on and we had pizza for dinner. It was Wipeout night so we all started watching that but I took nick up at a commercial to go to sleep. I finished putting him to bed just as Ellie and Rob were coming up to bed.
I've been playing games on the computer while listening to Grays and Private Practice. I trying to break this icky taste in my mouth with a peppermint - not really helping. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I can tell by this post that you are tired and not up to your usual ol' self. So sorry. This weather really doesn't help. 2 more treatments, Tree! Phase 3 almost over! You've been super strong through all of this process...hang in for a little longer. Ellie has just the 1/2 day tomorrow. Bring the kids over. I'll make lunch, change Scarlett, and you can nap while the kids help me get ready for Sunday. We can try some Benedryl cream on your skin...it might help with the adhesive reaction. Get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete