Monday, February 7, 2011

Help I am trapped in a snowglobe

I could not get sleepy last night - I watched tv and headed up to bed around 1AM. Ellie was up early and went downstairs to watch cartoons and eat breakfast. I got up at regular time but Nick was still sleeping. I got Ellie ready for school, backpack packed, snack and shoes and then got her bundled for the bus stop wait. Nick woke up around 8AM and had breakfast - he didn't want to get dressed for the day. I watched Ellie and the neighbors try to navigate in the snow - the sidewalk plow still hasn't gone through (I will not get on my soapbox tonight but Skokie sucks) so the pile of snow at the bus stop corner is about 5' tall - the kids had to stand in the street to wait for the bus.
Nick and I watched some of his favorite morning cartoons before getting dressed and arguing about why we couldn't bring his 3' tall wooden firehouse to Grams house. Nick and I headed over to Mom's house and he tried quite quickly to get me to go to sleep (apparently he has more fun with me asleep at Mom's house). Nick asked to play with the dollhouse this morning. Nick found the Chinese candy supply from yesterday and stuffed his mouth with rice candy.
We re-heated some of the food from yesterday for lunch today - still delish. We noticed that it was snowing outside and the flakes were huge. We eventually had to come home to pick up Ellie - the snow was still falling at a pretty good rate and the flakes were still the size of cotton balls. We got to the bus stop and I was talking to Nick and he wasn't answering - I turned around to find that he had fallen asleep. Ellie climbed in the car and we got home - I carried Nick in but in the process of un-dressing him he woke up. Ellie did her homework and Nick just kind of laid around. Rob got home from work and the snow was still falling. I gave Rob and Nick a list of things they could do to help out while Ellie and I were at pottery (Nick is usually fine but the past few weeks he has run to the window crying when we leave). Rob took Nick downstairs to empty the dryer while Ellie and I bundled up and left early to do grocery shopping before going to pottery.
Ellie was a great helper at the store - the carts had just come in from outside and were ice cold so she pushed the cart. She told me I could just tell her what we needed and she would get it and put it in the cart for me. We got the essentials and got out of there - we unfortunately picked the slow lane and were on the brisk of being late for pottery. Poor Ellie got about 4 steps out the door of the store and fell right on her bottom - just slipped on the slick snow. We loaded the car and went to pottery. I helped Ellie out tonight because the clay felt a bit too cold in my hands. I rolled the clay out for Ellie and she made two plates and started another project - not sure what she is turning it into yet.
We got home and unloaded groceries and Rob and Nick had the table set and Nick was putting applesauce on all our plates - very proud of himself. We had dinner and then some Valentine cookie for dessert and then headed up to bed. Nick took forever to fall asleep tonight - the power nap really set us back. I came down and turned the hot pad on and have been listening to 19 Kids and Counting while blogging.
Body aches were not so bad today - the claritin has started working again. My hands and feet really don't like the cold and are still quite tingly. The canker sores came overnight with the annoying one in the back of my throat. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment