Saturday, February 26, 2011

Much better day

So I lucked out and it was a 24 hour tummy bug. I stayed on the couch after Rob went up and I did fall asleep down here but I went up eventually. I slept in until a bit after 8:00 this morning and then came downstairs. I wasn't brave enough to try coffee or breakfast so tea it was. We got the kids dressed and Rob took them to the bank for bank buckets. Ellie got all 6 buckets today and Nick got 3 - gold dollars, silly bandz, piggy light key chain, book light, insulated water cup and donuts.
Rob brought Nick home and then he and Ellie were off to Lowes for the build workshop. Together they made a Lowes pullback race car that was pretty darn cute. Ellie was so excited when she came home - she got an apron and badges to attach to it. Needless to say we signed up for the next two workshops - basketball hoop and fortune teller.
The kids played for a while and then Rob went in the garage to work and the kids and I went over to Mom and Dad's for a visit. Mom had the tummy bug today and I can honestly say - I know how she feels. Jo, Ole and Tony were there and the kids played for a bit and then they went crazy for a bit. Highlights of the visit - I painted Jo's toenails and then Tony wanted to match Mommy's toes - so I painted his too. He wanted more so we painted "man polish" (clear) on his fingernails. I showed Tony all the good hiding spots in the house and he loved to hide and when he knew he was close to being found he would giggle in delight. Ellie and Dad took a walk to get the paper. Nick and Dad played with the new dollhouse. Mom and I passed out in the living room. Mom helped me change out Scarlett, I thought she would be terrible today because of all the output but was surprised to find her pretty healed up. Dad picked up lunch from Little Wok - the kids ate a good lunch - I tried some rice and Mom tried some soup.
Major complaints when I said it was time to leave but we were finally able to get the kids in the car and drive home. Rob gave Nick a bath and then Ellie took a shower. I found Space Jam was just starting on tv so we watched that together - super funny to watch that about 20 years after it was made. We had a whatever you want out of the fridge dinner - I cut the kids up some fruit and made some popcorn then they moved onto yogurt and more fruit. I had some toast and Rob had some re-heats.
I will probably regret that I attacked my cuticles with the trimmer but they were so hard and thick. It did cause my skin to peel some more - I never really had the hand peeling with xeloda however this time around all my fingertips are peeling. My feet are super sensitive but my hands are feeling better. My gums are throbby right now. I lost 5 pounds in 24 hours with the tummy bug. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Some of us are past the 24 hour mark...what's this all about? Watched The Joneses with Dad...don't waste your time. Good flick if you aren't in the mood or condition for concentration. Hopefully this will pass soon. Maybe my body doesn't recognize that 24 hours have passed. Still achy and cold. Rest up; get strong for Tuesday....Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete