Sunday, February 13, 2011

Super Sunday

I watched SNL and then the 2 shows after and decided to fall asleep on the couch for a bit. I have had the wacky idea that Scarlett might get better if I am not lying down for a number of hours - I'll let you know if it works. Nick came down sometime during my time on the couch and I just pulled him under the quilt with me - sometime around 5:30AM we went upstairs. The kids and Rob were up a bit earlier than me but I got up a bit before 8AM and jumped in the shower. I got clothes ready for the kiddos and came down and have a bowl of coffee and breakfast.
We were off to church - we were the leaders for Sunday School today and needed to be there a bit ahead of time to prepare the project. The project involved my most hated thing ever -sand - rates right up there with glitter. By the end of the project there was yellow and green sand everywhere and pink, purple and red fish gravel everywhere - the only thing that makes sand a bit better than glitter is that it doesn't stay with you all day. We visited after the service with friends before heading home.
The kids played, I tried to get some more tax prep done - just waiting on one document and then we can file. Ellie got her doll, Kit, dressed for the big Dad and Daughter day out at American Girl and then did a bit of a fashion show to decide what she would wear. Ellie took a quick shower and got dressed in a stunning black and red hanna jumper - loved it. I pressed Rob's shirt and pants and he was ready. Rob and Ellie were on their way downtown and Nick and I were deciding where we should go on our "date". Rob and Ellie called to let us know they got there and then Nick and I were off to Red Robin. Nick found a puddle outside and decided to jump in it for about 3 minutes - I went back inside the house to wait. A bit of a meltdown happened because we needed to change Nick's pants, socks and shoes before we could try to leave again.
We had a table with a close view of the kitchen and Nick loved it. Nick got a treat and got freckled lemonade (strawberry lemonade) and we had a lovely dinner together. We got a balloon on our way out and headed to Mom and Dad's to visit for a bit. I told Rob to stop by on their way home. Nick and Tony were so funny - dancing and jumping and copying each other. Rob and Ellie arrived and were all smiles. They loved the tea in the cafe but liked their "swag" bags even more. They got a book, some hair accessories, a flower, a picture frame, a tea cup and saucer for Kit and then a photo session int he studio - a cute picture of Rob, Ellie and Kit.I think it was a great "date" night for both groups.
We came home and got the kiddo to bed. I've been playing on the computer while listening to Desperate and Brothers and Sisters - now the news. I have to get the kids Valentine's together for the morning still. Feeling pretty good today - the weather really has helped but the cold metal still sets my hands into tinglies. Looking forward to Ellie's school party tomorrow - I finished all the prep for that this afternoon - just need to pick up milk tomorrow. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You all looked stunning! What a day...sunshine, warmth; just what we needed! Have a good night...go to bed! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete