Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just the Boost left!

Note: If this post reads weird its because it keeps not saving it all I have had to re-type it a few times.
My girlfriend, Lee and I got to catch up last night - we have been playing phone tag for over a week. Nice to talk and catch up. Rob and I watched some tv and Rob went up early - I met him up after the news. Everyone actually slept in this morning - Rob woke up to his alarm, Ellie didn't come in until 8 AM - Nick and I woke up around the same time. We went downstairs and got ready, breakfast, lunch packed and sunscreen on. It was a cooler day - I loved it - however, it was pool day at camp. Nick was a bit of a basket case this morning - her only wanted to wear boots - didn't matter which boots - rain boots, too big Toy Story boots or winter boots - just wanted to wear boots - I wouldn't give in. This led to a bit of yelling and shoes being forced onto feet.

We dropped Ellie off and were on our way to Mom's. We got some snacks and were on our way to the hospital. I was taken in right after I checked in and treatment went very quickly. It was doctor day - so I got to see Dr. Nanda for the last time. He asked me how the nausea has been - I told him it was pretty much gone. He asked about pain - I told him about feeling like my cheeks are being pulled or cut apart - something he needed to look at. Once again, he told me my butt was looking great - sadly not a thought I share with him. There still is no skin breakdown or even signs of burning or tearing. He told me he could give me a script for pain but I said at this point I would just go with advil. It was bittersweet, my visit with Dr. Nanda, I really like him a bunch and I am sad that I won't get my once a week visit but I am happy to be moving on. Just three treatments left - all the boost.
Mom and the boys picked me up and we went back to Mom's. I was not all about food today - just wasn't very hungry but that never stops Mom from trying to feed me. Mom made lunch for the boys and then they had some nice playtime with legos before we tried an afternoon movie. We put in Mary Poppins and Tony knocked out, Mom and I got to put our feet up and Nick munched popcorn while trying to find a comfortable position on top of me. Nick and I went to get Ellie from camp - she had a good day. We were surprised when we returned home because Rob's car was in front along with the kids bikes. Rob had come home early and straightened up the house a bit and was ready to play with Ellie and Nick. The neighbors came out shortly after and hi-jacked the kids but fun is fun. I tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep.
Mom came over and Dad picked up Chicken Inn (family fav) on his way here. We had a nice dinner together and then the kids got time to play/read with Grams and Gramps. I went up to take a bath - I never really was aware at how red my hands had become until they were next to my pasty white skin - they are cherry red now. I wore gym shoes today and that really made walking bearable -I am thinking about mittens for my hands - how silly might that look in the summer? Mom and Dad left and Rob and I tried to get the kids to sleep but it proved to be quite difficult because A) we put our kids to sleep before 8 PM and B) the neighbors had about a dozen kids in their yard yelling and giggling on their trampoline.
I am excited that I am almost at the end but scared for the next chapter - I have never had surgery - closest to that was getting my wisdom teeth out. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Your strength continues to amaze me and encourage me to keep strong for you and the rest of the gang. It's amazing that you're almost ready for a healing reprieve...in a way it's gone by quickly. We continue to be here to do whatever you need...anything! I think of your surgery as the ultimate and final FU to that rotten tumor...farewell... good riddance! I have confidence that much like everything you have done in your life, you will do it with success and attitude. I love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete