Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday - Hump Day

Finally a regular old night at our house. Ellie and Nick even slept in. We got Ellie ready for camp this morning - lunch packed, sunscreen applied - it was water park day at camp. We got in the car and dropped Ellie at camp and headed to Mom's. Mom and I got Tony and Nick loaded in the car and were on our way to the hospital.
Treatment went fairly quickly and then it was doctor day so I was put into an exam room. Dr. Nanda eventually made his way in - apologizing for his delay saying they put me so far away he had forgotten about me. He asked about treatment and side effects. I told him about the neuropathy - he said that wasn't his doing and I need to talk to Dr. Marsh about it. I told him about the diarrhea and how I feel its under control and would rather have this side effect than constipation. I told him about the small area of discoloration on the inside of my thigh - uh oh - need to examine that one. He asked about fatigue and weight loss and told me he is keeping an eye on my weight and he'd be on me if I lose anymore - I told him my Mom is right there with him. I jumped on the exam table for the shortest exam ever - he looked at my thigh and told me he wasn't concerned about it. As I was leaving he told me I was the perfect patient and how my being a patient baffles him and I shouldn't be there at all. I told him I am looking at this as a learning experience maybe I am going through this so something important is learned or discovered. He gave me a nice shoulder pat and told me he'd see me next week.
While I was at the hospital I needed to pick up some samples of allergy medications for Ellie so I walked to the medical building and picked up her new meds. Mom picked me up and we went back to her house. Nick and Tony played for a bit before we had lunch and then tried to get the boys to relax. Mom got a box today that was a long rectangle and Nick started pretending it was a boat but then stood it up and it was his elevator and Tony would go over and say knock knock or 'eek boo (peek a boo) and Nick would swing the flaps over causing Tony to break up hysterically laughing. It was finally a Dr. Suess dvd that was so slow that let the house relax - Tony feel asleep in Mom's arms and Nick cuddled next to me.
We left to pick Ellie up from camp - she enjoyed the day and is really looking forward to their first field trip tomorrow to Skokie Sport Center (mini golf, batting cages and a picnic lunch). I put in a call to Margaret to tell her about my hand and feet - left a message. We came home and the kids really wanted to be outside enjoying the sunshine. Rob took the kids out to play in the sprinkler and yard. They had popsicles and a bunch of fun. Mom came over for dinner - Dad is in California for the week. Mom and Ellie made a fruit salad while I re-heated some veggies - we had a real nice dinner together. I have had the worst abdominal cramps today - not sure if its gas or menstrual but either way uncomfortable. Ellie suggested I try a bath - so I did and it did seem to make it better. I made myself a cup of tea and have the hot pad on and my feet up.
Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully we'll get your hands and feet taken care of quickly...I think you're doing pretty well. I know lots of irritating stuff, but managable. Here's to almost being at the weekend...thanks for helping Jo through her process! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete