Saturday, June 19, 2010

What a Saturday

Regular night here at home. The second huge storm went through before 10:00 - Rob had to go out to the garage to get these cabinets prepared to install today and he was planning on waiting until 10:00 but decided to run out as the rain began. I went up to bed after the news and Rob stopped working sometime after that.
Ellie woke up first and went downstairs - I think she thought Rob was still home but he was already working. Nick and I slept until 7:30. We had breakfast and watched some cartoons before getting dressed and heading out to find some new treasures. We hit a dozen or so garage sales and a rummage sale - thrifting a plenty. We hit major pay dirt at one yard sale who was selling both an American Girl horse in almost brand new condition and wooden Thomas the Train stuff. We picked up a couple new card games, some hats for the dress-up bin and a bike for Nick. Ellie and Nick were begging to go to Grams and Gramps to show off their treasures - so we did. Dad and Nick played with his new trains and Ellie braided her horse mane. Mom made lunch for the kids - PB&Js with homemade strawberry and apricot jam - yum.
Mom and Dad had plans and I was pooped but Ellie really didn't want to come home with me so Ellie joined Mom and dad on their adventure and Nick and I came home. I noticed the neuropathy hasn't been so bad today - don't know if it was the day off of xeloda yesterday or all in my head but it was a nice change of pace. My abdominal pain has remained steady though. I have tried advil and it doesn't seem to make a difference as far as the abdominal pain.
Nick and I hung out on the couch - I tried to nap but our neighbor decided it was a good time to rev his car in his garage - after about the first hour I started wondering when he might be able to asphyxiate himself. Just because you have a car that makes noise doesn't mean the whole neighborhood wants to hear it for hours on end. Rob got home and took Nick outside for a while so I could put my feet up. We ate dinner and I just started getting Nick ready for bed when Ellie came home. Rob got Ellie to bed and I got Nick to bed. Rob and I are chilling out of the couch, both on our laptops. We have a netflix to watch - it had been here for over 2 weeks. I think we might try to watch it but I don't know that either of us will make it.
Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. So glad it was a pretty normal, happy, kind of pain free day. NICE! Have some surprises in store for Father's Day dinner...not just for fathers! Who says we have to wait for treatment to end before we get some of the weight back on you? Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete