Monday, June 21, 2010

Early Monday Edition

Still don't have a new router - so this is an early Monday post from Mom's.
My abdominal cramps got terribly bad last night - I took advil, I had the hot pad on my stomach - nothing was working so after Food Network Star I told Rob I was headed up to bed because I know the cramps cease while I sleep. Sure enough I got a good night sleep without cramps. Nick and Ellie were up by 7:30 AM and they went down to eat breakfast while I took a shower and got clothes out for the day. The pain was back -ahhh!
We drove Ellie to camp and went to Mom's. We went for our daily ride to the hospital and the waiting room was packed today. I had me treatment and mentioned the abdominal pain - Jenny said the radiation could be to blame - it could be causing gas pockets. They reminded me I should be on a bland diet - no raw fruits or veggies, basically white bread, mashed potatoes and rice. I swear how do they think I am going to gain any weight with that diet. I told them I would take the gas cramps and eat whatever feels right. Jenny asked if I wanted to see the doctor who was there today - I said no - she quickly added he had really beautiful eyes to look into. Jenny walked me out and told me if the pain gets really bad they can prescribe a pain med - I told her I really don't want to add another ill to my day.
Mom and nick met me and we came back to her house where I promptly curled up in a ball on the couch and slept. My Mom got me cancer pins from Hallmark - yes, hallmark has a cancer line now - Chemo Sucks, I Love Pain meds, Nurse's Favorite & One Tough Chick - hysterical. Well, I think I am going to go buy a new router so I can play games again - last night Rob and I were at a loss for what we should do - we usually both have our laptops out and have chill out time once the kids go to bed and last night we focused on tv instead.
Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You know you can chill by talking to one another...novel, I know! What about UNO? Perhaps the failed router is a sign that you two need together time. Tomorrow try the scrapple toasted instead of the cinnamon bread...maybe it will be easier to get down. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete