Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back home but tired

Just a quick catch up this evening because Nick had a nap on the car ride home and is still awake! The weekend turned out a whole bunch better than expected weather wise - we actually had windows open and had to wear sweaters in the evening. We got up to Michigan in record time Friday - I was so surprised I thought for sure we would get stuck downtown but we breezed through. We did stop at the rest stop so I could get out and walk around a bit - Memorial day weekend was terrible for my butt - sitting that long in the car - so we now know I need to break the ride up.
First order of business was getting a new mattress and Dean came along to help me while Rob caught up with his Mom and took the kids down to the beach. The new mattress is 100% better than the concrete slab we were sleeping up but became 1000% better when I bought the 4" thick memory foam on Saturday. We had a lovely dinner together followed by a trip to the soda bar for ice cream. The White Sox beat the Cubs by like a dozen runs. Unfortunately, the diarrhea side effect has really caught up with me and has now turned into the norm - I am still in denial. I was really tired come bed time but it took til about 3 AM to fall asleep - must have been the new mattress and my lack of hip pain sleeping on it.
Saturday we went shopping for a new washer and dryer - thought it was just the washer but then realized our load from 2 weeks ago was still moist in the dryer. Picked out some organizer stuff for the kitchen and some snack food for the kids. Dean nicely took the kids out for the afternoon so I could take a nap and Rob could install the hardware in the kitchen. A trip to the tennis courts, the park and quite a few video games and pinball at the soda bar entertained for hours. We had dinner and found out the soda bar wasn't open because the cooler weather - Ellie wasn't very happy.
Today was laid back - we all slept in. Nick was an eating machine. Dean left before lunch - had to get back to work. We waited for the washer and dryer to be delivered - oh so nice to be able to wash towels again. We tried to straighten up and clean up to get as much of the house back to normal before we left. We got home a bit under 3 hours - Nick napped in the car which was nice because I was able to shut my eyes for a bit but the boy did not want to go to sleep tonight. We dropped Rob at home and went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. The kids were delighted with Gram and Gramps "treats" rubberband shape bracelets, high school musical stuff and a scary looking doll. Jo, Ole and Tony joined us and we had a nice dinner. The kids kept us laughing.
We made our way back home - almost forgot to take my xeloda (again).
Overall, great weekend spent with the family. The kitchen looks awesome with the ceiling finally completed and the new pendant lights up and hardware on the cabinets - really coming together - we were actually able to put a couple things into the cabinets. I will be 50% through with treatment this week - I am looking forward to completion because the side effects are tiring. The heightened nerve sensitivity has spread from my feet to my hands now - my feet just throb all the time now. My stomach is not real happy either - hoping the next 16 treatments go quickly. Visualizing my healthy, side effect free body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment