Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The 4th week brings red hands

Rob and I watched Chopped but only I made it through the end - Rob went up early I stayed up for the news. Nick woke up around midnight and drank a whole glass of water and promptly went back to sleep until 6:00 AM. He crawled into bed with me and I told him it was much too early and he needed to go back to bed and he did until I had to wake him up at 9:20 AM to get Ellie to camp. Inside camp day because of the huge thunderstorms. Nick and I cruised to Mom's and had a bit of a reprieve this morning because the pushed my appointment back to 10:30 AM. We eventually loaded the boys up into the car - it wasn't raining too hard by then. I was brought in right on time for my appointment and treatment went quickly but it was doctor day and Dr. Nanda was a busy person today. I read a magazine while I waited and he finally came in to see me. We discussed the abdominal pain which he would take responsibility for if its lower but upper I should blame on xeloda. He asked about nausea and vomiting - apparently things I can look forward to. He told me the next 8 treatments are the hardest and most difficult to get through. He asked me about my butt and pain - I told him I did have some pain but its almost like burn pain - and then I heard the words I don't really enjoy hearing - I'm going to need to check it out. Dr. Nanda did check it out and said I actually am looking good - no skin breakdown - I could use something for hemorrhoid pain (except I don't have hemorrhoids it is almost like I have been torn apart or have a bad burn).
I called Mom and she and the boys met me at the entrance and we went back to her house. I propped my feet up while the boys and Mom looked through her jewelry box (Nick wanted to look at her clocks - watches) and played play-doh. We went in for lunch and to start relaxing. We watched Toy Story 2 - Nick cuddled up and Tony fell asleep. Nick and I left to pick up Ellie at camp. We came back to the house and I took a little nap while the kids played together. Around 5:00 PM we started hearing the rolling thunder - Ellie had an allergist appointment at 6:30 PM - no way we were making it there dry. We did a quick pick up of the basement - just in case we got water and made our way through the puddled street to the car. The roads were terrible - Crawford was completely flooded across. We got the doctors office and all the personnel was standing by the entrance (including doctors and nurses) discussing if the sirens had sounded and if everyone should move to the basement. Eventually things kind of got back to normal there - by then they were running 20 minutes late. We saw Dr. Shaefer and discussed how maybe Ellie has the beginning of migraine headaches instead of allergies. Unfortunately, Ellie is too young for medications to treat them. We are to make note of when Ellie has her mucus vomit days and to track the barometric pressure on the day before and of.
We went to Mom's house after the appointment for dinner. The rain let up for our ride and or arrival. We had dinner and had to get going so I could take my medication. Happy Anniversary to Jo and Ole - hard to believe its been 4 years.
My abdominal pain has let up today but has been replace with the constant need to be in the washroom (Dr. Nanda said I can expect this to get get worse in the next 2 weeks). I noticed my hands were turning red today and little blisters seem to be right under the surface - so on week 4 the red hands begin. The neuropathy is about the same today - my hands feel a bit weird probably swollen. I see Dr. Marsh tomorrow - I am sure we will discuss all the above. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Keep your eye on the prize! You will have a healthy body again...maybe not the old body, but a healthy body! Keep thinking those positive thoughts and visual images...I'm right there with you. I'll keep your body nourished and hopefully, help to keep your spirits up. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete