Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend update

We got on the road for Michigan around 4:30 PM on Friday - we knew we were going to hit some traffic but really were not prepared for the 4 hour trip. We ran into traffic in every state. Nick was pretty nasal congested when I picked him up at Mom's - he unfortunately picked up a cold. He fell asleep on our ride up - we got to Michigan just before 10:00 PM. We let the kids visit with Rob's Mom (Nana) for a bit before we started bedtime. The good news was besides being tired from a day without a nap or rest and my butt throbbing from 4 hours on it - the abdominal pain seems to have gone away.
The weather was not what was predicted - I thought for sure we would be inside the entire weekend and it was gorgeous and sunny. Saturday I slept in for a bit while the kids played with Rob and Nana. Rob and I got the air conditioner in the 1st floor window - huge news for the lady with cancer who lives on the couch! Rob took Ellie and Nick down to the beach while I went to Walmart to pick up some things we needed - muscles cream, laundry detergent, lip balm - essential things. I pulled through Wendy's and picked up frostys for the crew. Rob and the kids had almost perfect timing and were not too far behind me pulling in. We ate lunch and then Ellie and Rob went back to the beach. Nick played with me for a bit and then we got chilly hands/feet from the ac being on and I pulled him up to cuddle with a blanket and he actually feel asleep and took a 3 hour nap. Rob and Ellie came back from the beach and showered and went to town to rent some movies and do some shopping at the dollar store. The major purchase for the weekend - faux cellphones - too funny. After our nap I decided I didn't really want to cook - I wasn't feeling like cooking so Ellie and I ran to the grocery store and picked up a rotisserie chicken, a loaf of bread and some pasta - I opted for some chicken noodle soup. After dinner Rob took Ellie and Nick down to the soda bar for ice cream. We watched one of their videos and just chilled out. I found out that the abdominal pain was probably my very unhappy ovaries and uterus - radiation and chemo apparently didn't stop my periods. Nick didn't want to sleep - who can blame him with a 3 hour nap? Rob put in our video - the world's worst movie ever - as soon as Nick knocked out I decided to go up to bed as well.
Today Nick and I slept in. We had breakfast and then Rob took the kids to the beach for a quick romp while I ran the videos back to town. Ellie and Nana had time for a quick game of monopoly before we rot on the road. The thunder started early and by the time we got on the road home it was actively raining. The neuropathy is back with vengeance - my feet feel like I am walking on glass and my hands are painful again - not to mention stained glass red. Our trip home was uneventful and a whole bunch quicker than our ride out. We dropped Rob at home and headed to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom was working on appetizers - cold veggie pizza. The kids quickly found Gramps and were on their way to the park. Jo and Ole arrived and we put in Annie for some pre-dinner entertainment. We had a nice family dinner together and then it was time to head home for some stinky kids to take a bath. We put the kids to bed and now Rob and I are catching up on computer time and I have my feet up.
Last full week of therapy this week - probably the toughest week though. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment