Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Officially 2 weeks through

Long night last night - poor Ellie was up most of the night vomiting. I have to say of all symptoms a child can have I think vomit is the worst - there is nothing you can do it just needs to work its way out. Rob and I watched tv for a bit - Rob gave me a lovely foot massage.
We were all up early - Nick didn't ever fall into a deep sleep last night and he was up when he heard Rob leave for work. Ellie was hungry - so we tried a banana and some ginger ale - no luck she was not ready to keep anything down yet. I made the smart decision to close the windows and try to keep some of the cooler air inside today. We got dressed and headed to Mom's. Despite Ellie not feeling well - she was the only one Tony wanted today (I just hope he doesn't get sick, too). We packed some snacks and a couple plastic bags for Ellie and left for the hospital. I didn't even make it to check in today and Jenny was there to take me in. The hard table is beginning to wear on me - it was hard to begin with but it seems each day it is getting harder to get up from it. It was another quick appointment but when I was saying see you tomorrow I was informed it was doctor day. I was seated in the exam room and Dr. Nanda came in - just wanted to check and see how everything was going and to see if I had any questions, concerns or criticisms. I told him most of the nausea had worn off (or is very much in check with zofran), that my butt and its hemorrhoids were healing nicely. He told me to expect the diarrhea to probably become more regular and the fatigue to most likely become more consistent. I called Mom and she and the kids met me at the entrance. Ellie was still vomiting but thankfully approaching the 24 hour mark of this bug.
I have had a tail-light out on my car for more than a month now and its getting more dangerous and annoying - so we picked up my car and took it to the dealership to get it fixed. I dropped the car off and we went to Kohl's for a little time wasting shopping. It was crazy - Tony was in his stroller, Nick rode in the cart for about a minute and then Ellie jumped in and Nick ended up helping Mom push Tony. We picked up lunch because the boys were vocalizing hunger - everyone must have been hungry because the car fell silent while they ate. I got a call saying the car was done so we cruised back there to pick it up. I met Mom back at her house - timed it right and we both were there about the same time.
I closed my eyes for a while but was assaulted by two little boys - I woke up to the three eyed men from Toy Story inside my shirt, stickers on my shirt and Tony had wedged a plate under my fingers. Ellie just chilled out in the glider chair and had her feet up, too. I tried to coerce both of the boys to lay down with me and although they both initially did lay down they both left. We eventually made our way home - Nick borrowing the firetruck from the playroom. He played with it non-stop until we sat down for dinner - coming up with stories - a storm was coming, a fire needed to be put out - on and on but independent.
My big side effect today has been light headed and dizzy. Mom and I got dinner ready, Rob came home and Dad arrived. We ate a very tasty dinner and could have easily had a couple more people join us because we put away a bunch of food for leftovers. Ellie still isn't herself (she fell asleep like 2 minutes after getting tucked into bed). Nick isn't himself wither - not sure what his deal is. I think I have heart burn but I don't know because I have only had it about once before. Rob and I are flipping back and forth between the Hawks game and Top Chef. Today I started my 3rd week of xeloda and it was my 10th radiation appointment -slowly but surely the days are being checked off. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the plate under your fingers...I'm still laughing. If you could have seen the determination on Tony's face as he worked to gently push it under your fingers, you'd still be laughing, too. I think he has a sense, as do your two, to be gentle with you...it's beautiful! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete