Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Monday

Nick finally fell asleep at about 9:40PM last night - what a night - this is why I don't encourage naps anymore. Rob went up right after Nick fell asleep - I knew I would just flip in bed so I stayed up and watched part of the news before going up.
Ellie and Nick were both up early. Ellie fixed breakfast for the two of them (super cute) and she introduced Nick to toaster strudels - breakfast will no longer be the same in our house. It was Ellie's first day at Camp Iwannago - she began asking at 7:45 AM how much longer until we had to leave - very excited about camp. We packed her lunch together and applied her sunscreen and got Nick dressed and were on the road. Ellie's favorite counselor from last year is her counselor again - again, very exciting. I signed her in and kissed her and then Nick and I were on our way to Mom's. We are on a tight schedule now because Ellie's camp starts 15 minutes before we need to leave for the hospital. We got to Mom's and got in her car to go.
My appointment was super quick. We all had a good laugh because I mentioned one of my stickers had peeled off and they went to re-apply it but they always touch up the permanent marker marks too - while she was touching up she mentioned it's a bit strange to be drawing on my butt. I said strange yes but at least those aren't the tattooed marks - thank you very much for that. At the end of the treatment they asked about side effects - I provided the list and then they weighed me - officially 5# down now. It is ironic to me - I am currently the weight I lied about being on my first drivers license - finally achieved the body I was after 18 years ago except now I have cancer and my ass looks and feels like crap.
We went back to Mom's and hung out - had lunch, took a nap and Nick was forever hungry still. Nick and I eventually made our way to pick Ellie up from camp (she had a great 1st day) - I remembered it was the 14th and the video was due back at the library so we ran home and dropped the video back at the library. I returned Katie's (the pharmacist at Kellogg) call from last week and she told me she was able to get me a longer cycle of zofran - woohoo. I think chemo-brain has set it. I have heard it is similar to pregnant brain - certainly feels like it - forgetfulness. Thankfully, Christi called to tell me they were running late and they would meet us at pottery - oh yeah, its Monday - pottery day. Nick and I dropped Ellie at pottery and went grocery shopping. I picked up some new foods to try - rice pudding and tapioca pudding. Nick wanted every food we passed and had a very convincing "but Mama I am so hungry" air about him. We got home and Rob helped us bring the bags in and load the fridge up. I got dinner ready and Rob gave Nick a bath.
The neuropathy in my feet is terrible today - when I am bare foot it feels like I am walking on glass. I took a bath and the hot water seemed to help while I was in the bath. The kids are both in bed and Rob and I are relaxing on the couch. In about 14 hours I will be 50% finished - might have a party tomorrow. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. We'll celebrate the half way mark with a foot spa...I'll bring the foot bath up and we'll do the works...hopefully it will at least give you some relief from the nerve pain!? Love you sweetie...so glad we're reaching milestones in your treatment! Mom

    ReplyDelete