Monday, June 28, 2010

5 More but who is counting?

Rob and I ended up watching part of a movie last night - we made it about 1/2 way through before deciding to go up to bed. Nick had his usual post-Michigan bed confusion. He wakes up and is confused about where he is and why he is in his own bed - long night. Ellie and Nick were up early and headed down to start breakfast while I got clothes ready. We got Ellie off to camp and then got to Mom's.
We headed off to the hospital for my treatment - only 5 more to go after today - unfortunately 3 of those are the boost. My understanding of the boost is that the radiation beam that is normally let's say 1" in diameter gets tightened to let's say 1 cm. Not sure on the whole measurement thing - that is why they employ physicists and doctors - I just know the last 3 won't necessarily be pleasant. I noticed today after treatment that it was almost as if I have something growing off the base of my spine - very uncomfortable to sit down in certain chairs or positions.
We headed back to Mom's house and I felt as if I could have fell asleep immediately. Mom bought some new movies so we watched the Gnome Mobile today - haven't heard of it? It is from the same era as Mary Poppins and has the kids who played Jane and Michael Banks in it. Must have been a hit because Nick was singing the theme song this evening. We had some lunch and then I took a nap -I was hopeful Nick would nap also but no luck instead he pretend snored.
We picked Ellie up from camp and came home for a snack before doing pickup for pottery. Nick I came home and played for a bit before Ellie was dropped off. Christi and the kids stayed for a while and played in the year - nice to visit and catch up. Ellie was invited to join them tomorrow night for a play date. Nick got to swing on the double swing with his girlfriend, Su'nana - I wish I had a camera it was a too cute moment.
I headed in to take my anti-nausea so I could eat dinner and Rob's co-worked, Deb stopped by while she was out bike riding - had a quick visit before starting dinner. The kids came in for a bath while I finished up dinner and we sort of ate and then had bedtime - late night. I am feeling sort of nauseous currently - I ate before my one hour waiting time. My spine really hurts - throbby pain but also feels burned. Finally, neuropathy/red hand/feet pain. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment