Thursday, June 24, 2010

Only 7 treatments remain

Regular old night here except I found out the hard way I should not clap my hands together to kill the flying bug - I felt like I might have broken every little bone in my hands. Rob went up slightly before me - I watched the news. Nick had a nightmare about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang around 3:00AM - he went back to bed eventually. We were all up early - had breakfast and got dressed. We got Ellie to the very wet campground for color war day and we headed to Mom's.
Mom and the boys took me to the hospital - I had a Dr. Marsh appointment after radiation - so we knew it would be a longer day. Radiation was fine - got marker touch up and new stickers. I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions. I checked in at Kellogg and was told I was going to get blood work done before my appointment - surprise. The tech was pretty good about the rolling veins and it only burned a little bit. I went upstairs and waited for Margaret.
I gained half a pound since last Friday - woohoo! My red hands were confirmed and will most likely get worse. My blood work was processed while I was there and everything looks good. What stinks is that I have these 7 radiation treatments left but 12 more days of chemo because of the weekends. I will see Dr. Marsh again after radiation and chemo are finished. He said about 4 weeks after that I will have a follow up CT scan and possibly another endoscopic ultrasound (and whatever else Dr. Muldoon wants).
Around 11:00AM I was finally through and called Mom for a pick-up. Nick was on an eating day and asked on our way to the hospital if after I was through we could eat lunch - and he wanted a frosty. We went and had lunch and then went back to Mom's. Jo was already there because tomorrow is her colonoscopy (so sorry we share of genes, Jo). We watched Beauty and Beast today and just kicked back and relaxed on the couches. Nick was frustrated with the end of the movie and started crying and throwing pillows at the tv. We went and picked Ellie up from camp and most of the water had dried up. We came home for popsicles and some outdoor time - wasn't so hot today.
Rob worked until 6:00PM we had some dinner and then I got Nick to sleep early while Rob and Ellie did a project downstairs. I currently have killer lower abdominal pain - this time radiation is to blame. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment