Tuesday, June 15, 2010

50% Finished!

Rob went us early leaving me to watch the cooking channel with the "sweets" special. Shortly after Rob left for work this morning Ellie came into our bedroom and complained of "the headache" she wasn't warm so I re-positioned her in her bed and told her to go back to bed. It wasn't even 5 minutes later I heard her grabbing for for garbage can and the telltale cough started - poor kid. I emailed her allergist to see what can be done about this post nasal drip stuff and we are going to try a different allergy spray and follow up next week. I called camp to let them know she wouldn't be there today and then we went to Mom's.
We went to the hospital where I received my 14th radiation treatment - thus 50% finished with radiation treatment. I stopped by the pharmacy to see my friend Katie and pick up my zofran. Mom came around and picked me up and we went back to her house to rest. Ellie still wasn't feeling well and it really showed. Nick's hunger changed to thirst today - he could not drink enough. To celebrate my milestone Mom got out her foot bath and gave me a little foot pampering today - all felt nice until the neuropathy set it. I think that might need to be addressed before my follow up appointment next week. My knuckles on my hands now have a feeling similar to when you paint for an extended period of time and usually don't - that almost blistered stage. I can't open plastic rubbermaid containers and it is almost impossible to unlock Nick's carseat.
Ellie finally perked up and decided hard boiled eggs would be a good first food of the day - she ended up eating 3 of them. Nick nibbled of fruit and nuts - he was a squirrel today. We came home late afternoon and the kids played and watched some tv while the thunderstorm moved in. When Rob got home he gave Nick a bath while I got dinner rolling. I have two overly tired children - Nick must be growing and really seems like he should have an afternoon nap (tantrum wise) but if he does then he's up until 10PM and Ellie just had a bad day.
We had a nice dinner before getting Ellie and Nick to bed. I have an upset tummy right now - I know - nothing new.
I am hoping tonight is a better night than last night. I thank all my family and friends for their kind words and thoughts on my milestone. I just filled my 4th week of xeloda up in my pill case - time is slowly ticking by. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. you are a very strong & amazing woman, tree! & getting through this difficult time with such grace. congrats on getting to the 1/2 way mark. lv, d

    ReplyDelete