Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday and 25% Finished

Standard night here last night except for the fact that I've learned spearmint toothpaste no longer is refreshing and actually is kind of dry heave producing and that too many glasses of ginger ale lead to sweet mouth. I ended up making some lipton black tea to break the taste in my mouth up - it worked.
We were all up at normal time and ate breakfast together before sending Ellie out to the bus and Nick and I to Mom's. It's summer hours for Jo so she gets to join us on Fridays through the summer. Nick wasn't playing so nice this morning with Tony - they both wanted the same thing at the same time and Nick was not into sharing. Our friend Mrs. B stopped in and she dropped of a new canker sore product for me to try in my mouth. We eventually got to my appointment and was told they would try to get films again - not sure if they were successful or not - didn't ask. When I met the gang at the car they really hustled while I was at my appointment - they hit Dunkin Dounuts and got munchkins for Ellie's field day party (I was going to bring carrots and Mom and Jo told me I was being "that" Mom) and went to Great Harvest Bread and got my old favorite apple scrapple and Jo tried their pesto asiago and chocolate babka (a carb lovers paradise).
We went back to Mom's and Nick and I were on our way home to get ready for field day. I made a huge sipper of iced tea for us to share and we picked out some chalk and a Frisbee. We got to school just as the class was coming inside from recess. Ellie and I ran to the nurse to pick up her medication to take home for the summer and then off to class for the party. I have to say - it was so nice this party was taken care of by Ellie's teacher and I didn't have to organize anything because I don't know that it would have come together the way it did. They had pizza, cherries, grapes, watermelon, strawberries, chips and drinks - and munchkins for dessert. After lunch we cleaned up and went to the park for the field day component. I originally wasn't going to go because of the sun but I decided to go for a bit for Ellie. I loaded spf 50 on and can I tell you that stuff is like spreading cream cheese of your skin it never quite penetrates.
The park was great because I got to catch up with my real bff - Christi and Nick got to visit with his girlfriend 'Nana (Christi's youngest - Christi's eldest daughter and Ellie been in school together since preschool). Before all this cancer yuck we would see each other at least once a week but usually more and since then its been school related run-ins. We ended up staying for a bit over an hour and I had a real nice time with Christi and a bonus conversation with Jody (Nick's old teacher and friend). She told me the funniest joke - I'll share:
A woman has an ob/gyn appointment to get ready for and knows she doesn't have enough time to shower so she does a washcloth clean up in her bathroom and paints her toes. She gets to the office and gets called in and places her legs up and the doctor says, "Wow, you got all fancy for me today." She thought about her toenails - it wasn't until she returned home and went to the washroom again that she realized the washcloth she used was loaded with glitter from a prior clean up. Haha
Nick and I came home and I was really hoping for an hour nap before getting Ellie but Nick was needy today. Rob was getting home just as Ellie was getting off the bus and he said he would watch them outside so I could close my eyes but that didn't happen. I at least got to put my feet up for a while. Eventually, we called the kids in to make a game plan for dinner - Ellie wanted pizza again. Ellie and I ran to the produce market to get some healthy choice snacks and replenish our kefir supply and then swing by and get our pizza.
We had dinner together and I experimented with meds - I am supposed to take the zofran an hour before I eat dinner but I forgot so I took it and ate dinner - seems to be okay but an hour and a half later I feel like I have a burp I can't get out. Got the kids to bed and now Rob and I are on the couch kind of watching the Hawks game and typing away on our laptops.
All in all - it was a great day. I got to see some old friends and catch up, I got to be outside for longer than 5 minutes and I got to see Ellie very happy. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a better day...you looked better as well! Glad we got the munchkins...kept you right up there with the "Mom with the green milk" reputation! 25%...moving along...glad we're finding a few foods you can tolerate and enjoy! Love you, sweetie! Mom

    ReplyDelete