Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zofran is my new BFF - for now

Nothing to say much about last night - Rob and I switched between the Hawks game and I think HGTV. Slept okay. We all woke up at normal time and went downstairs for the day. I started the day with a zofran pill - my new anti-nausea medication and I have to say (so far) it is working well. I waited about 30 minutes and had a yogurt before taking my morning xeloda. While eating my yogurt I was feeling something weird in my lower gums - little sores have formed now. So far they aren't that much of a bother - I am sure with certain foods they will possibly bother me.
We got Ellie off on the bus and Nick and I headed to Mom's. Tony was there today - so Nick had a playmate. Mom made me banana chocolate chip muffins - so I tired one with a bit of tea and it stayed down - no dry heaves this morning.
We got on the road to the hospital and I got to my appointment. Becki met me and explained that for QC they would be taking films today to make sure I was receiving the required dose at the required point. Because of said films the appointment ran long today and then when I was leaving Becki told me the film part of the machine wasn't properly functioning and the film weren't able to be taken today and we might try again later. Mom picked me up and we went on a gift finding mission. We were at Dick's Sporting Goods when Tony decided to break loose and run from one side of the store all the way to the other - I was chasing him yelling - run Forrest, run.
We went back to Mom's and the boys had some lunch - I drank some ginger ale and then we went to play in the new water table outside. Since my hyper photo sensitivity I only stayed outside a couple minutes before retreating to the porch to take my nap. The boys sounded like they were having a blast though. Nick woke me up a while later with a kiss on my neck - the sweetest he has ever woken me up. We went home to get Ellie.
Ellie had fly up day today at school - the children get to fly up to the next grade and meet their teachers and find out who is in class with them next year. Ellie will have Mrs. Bart - her old kindergarten teacher who was moved to 3rd grade right after Ellie finished kindergarten - all of us couldn't be happier. It is so reassuring to know that in the fall when life goes a bit crazy for a couple months that there is a comforting soul there for us.
The kids and I went outside to enjoy the breeze a bit before Rob came home. We had some chinese re-heats tonight. I went up for a bath while everyone was finishing dinner and was able to enjoy it tonight without the tears and frustration. I think its time for a cup of tea so I will leave this with visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Someone I know used liquid acidopholus to help with the mouth sores. I have an unopened bottle if you want it. I got it but didn't need to use it. Hang in there.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete