Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday and a 2 day break

As I was blogging last night I had killer abdominal pains that just kept getting worse. I eventually was overcome by nausea and ended up vomiting but it wasn't rewarding I just felt blah. I crashed early in hopes that sleep would stop the pain - which it did eventually. Rob even was the one who got up with a Nick nightmare last night. We got up at regular time and I took a shower and got dressed and decided with the nausea I should take my zofran as directed an hour before I eat. Ellie had her field trip to the beach today - very exciting and a great day to be near/in the water. Nick and I dropped Ellie at camp and then headed to Mom's. Dad and Jo joined us for morning club today. They dropped me at the hospital and I was promptly taken in for treatment. I told the techs about my nausea and they made sure I saw Dr. Nanda before leaving. Treatment was slow today because the quality control films were taken - not really a great process when you aren't feeling well. Dr. Nanda told me I could double up on anti-nausea and take both compazine and zofran and to call him immediately if I get a fever - reassuring. I dropped off a prescription at the pharmacy - I know I have been saying I don't want to take another pill but this one is supposed to slow down the muscles in my rectum - since I am not having a diarrhea problem and really just have the muscle spasms - I hope this helps.
We came back home and the boys played for a bit before I took Jo to the hospital for her colonoscopy. We had some good laughs in the waiting room before she went in and then she was called. I was called back about 45 minutes after she went in - excellent sign considering I was back there for a whole bunch longer. Jo was alert and we were discussing the cheesy beef she was craving - then we got the most awesome news from Dr. Elton - Jo has nothing going on in her colon! Then we joked about how it must be because she has a meat and fish diet. It took forever for the nurse to come in and take off her probes and pull her IV - I volunteered my services but Jo insisted she would wait for a "professional" - as if. We finally were cleared and were on our way to Portillo's for her cheesy beef and fries - glad someone has an appetite.
We are back at Mom's now - Mom, Dad and the boys went to pick Ellie up from camp. We are on our way to Michigan for the weekend - so I won't be able to post until Sunday. Hope everyone has a nice weekend, visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. My dear Theresa...I know it was hard for you, but I'm so glad you were the one with Jo today. I don't know why you are the one who has this and who has to deal with all of the treatment and the side effects, but you are strong and I know that there must be a reason...always know we love you and we ARE here for you...backing you up every step of the way. Rest....love, Mom

    ReplyDelete