Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And the crappy side effects continue

Last night was an early to bed night for me - I had some sleep I wanted to catch up on and I have to say for the most part I was pretty successful.
Nick slept in this morning but Ellie was up at regular time. My stomach wasn't as bad as it was yesterday but I did notice food wasn't tasting so good and taking my pills seemed to make me reconsider immediately my decision to take them all at once. I got Ellie out to the bus and Nick finally woke up. We headed to Mom's house. I had my morning tea - trying to settle my tummy - really didn't work today - instead of just dry heaves I actually moved onto vomiting this morning.
I got to the hospital and Jenny asked how I was feeling - if the nausea had gotten any better and I told her - no it was worse. Lucky me, Dr. Nanda was there today and I got to meet with him for a couple minute - he makes me laugh. He asked if I had just systematically decided to check off each of the side effects he had told me about. He also told me the best thing for my hemorrhoids would be to walk around the house naked under a mumu dress. He changed my anti-nausea medication and suggested I take it upon waking and about an hour before dinner. I had my treatment - which it seemed everyone was eager to do quickly today.
Nick has been asking to go to Big Lots for a couple weeks now - so we went after the hospital. Then we went back to Mom's and I took my nap while Nick watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and ate his lunch. Mom fixed me lunch - cinnamon toast, bananas and greek yogurt. I decided to get going to Target to pick up my prescription and milk. Nick decided he wanted to stay at Mom's and come with her later for dinner.
The pharmacist told me that our insurance will only cover 5 days at a time for the new anti-nausea medicine - I will talk with someone at Kellogg tomorrow because that is kind of nuts. I got home and got Ellie off the bus - she played DS while I put my feet up.
Mom and Nick arrived and the kids decided to play outside for a bit. Mom massaged my feet with the new lotion she bought me - so nice. We got stuff ready for dinner - I took my new anti-nausea pill and hoped for the best. Rob got home in time to give Nick his bath and Dad arrived soon after. I tried to eat but everything kept getting stuck in my throat. I ended dinner with my garbage can and dry heaves. Ellie rubbed my back as I sat over the garbage can - I hate this. I also hate that Nick says Mama doesn't feel good. I pretty much hate it all today - I know this has a point but I truly feel icky. After dinner I escaped to the bathtub for a little while and soaked in the peace and soaked out the tears - pity party for one please. Maybe its time for the anti-depressant - that is one pill I don't have yet.
Dad made me some mint tea - the kids played with Mom and Dad, Rob did the dishes and I sat on the couch. I kind of feel like its garbage can time soon - visualising my health body, Tree

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time with nausea. That really stinks. It's almost like adding insult to injury, like "okay, I have to go through this heinous process AND I have to be sick to my stomach, too?!?" Let yourself have your pity party. It's an important part of the whole process in letting yourself feel all the crummy feelings, too, and getting them out. And it's totally normal and to be expected. You're doing a great job with the positive thinking; it's only normal you'll have an "I hate everything" day every once in a while. Hang in there and know that we're thinking about you and sending you good vibes. Love, Sandy, Phil and Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know you are loved...that's why people feel good about doing whatever they can for you! We'll figure out the method to this madness...and in the meantime, I'll keep feeding you. Hopefully the new anti-nausea drug will help. By the way, do you need to borrow a muu-muu? Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete