Thursday, July 1, 2010

I am tired

Last night Rob and I watched tv and went up to bed together but neither of us could really fall asleep - at one point I said I was going to come back downstairs and close up some windows but Rob volunteered. I did finally get comfortable and was able to fall asleep. Nick came running into our room some time during the night and was restless. Ellie woke up early and decided to go downstairs and start her breakfast - Nick and I joined her a bit later. We got Ellie off to camp - she had a walking field trip to a local park.
Nick and I arrived at Mom's - bonus Thursday, Dad took the day off and Tony was there also. We were off to the hospital -where I was told by Patti that my treatment would be longer today because they would be taking films in between and taping and marking me. Seriously, Dr. Nanda just told me my butt looked great yesterday and now today I get new magic marker marks? At least the marks aren't as bad as the tape I was feeling marked out - and this time its red - I will feel so festive for the weekend. They finally finished up and then informed me not to move yet because they needed to photograph my butt - I say again, seriously? So Patti snapped a couple pics and then they peeled off the tape - ouch! I called Mom and they were pretty much pulling up as I got out. I was feeling ok - so we went to the produce market and picked up lunch before heading home.
We ate lunch on the porch and then went outside for a bit. I checked out my butt in the mirror - marks were not as bad as I imagined but Dr. Nanda was lying when he said I wasn't burned. It was nice to be outside even if I was in the shade. The boys played in the water table and then started making their own fun - including the grand finale - throwing balls and anything that could be found into Dad's pond. Mom and I took the boys in and we watched the remainder of Mary Poppins - Nick's mouth dropped at the chimney scene. Dad, Nick and I took the ride to get Ellie from camp and then we dropped Dad back off. Rob got home not too much after we did. We have had plans all week to see Toy Story 3 tonight - except Nick didn't want to until I showed him some trailers on the computer.
We headed off to the movies - Nick's first show! We got popcorn and candy and then chose the top row to sit in. It was so fun to hear Nick and Ellie's reactions (laughs, words and the occasional cry). Great movie but we all needed tissues. Nick didn't want to leave - he thought we could watch it again. We came home and the kids had some food before bed time.
Besides my butt hurting, my hands are extremely itchy and painful today (doesn't help that I burned my right hand puring my tea this morning). My feet were okay until after the movie - I am pretty sure that is just inflammation. I am hoping for the best tomorrow - I really want to be able to sit for the parade and fireworks on Sunday. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean "the kids had some food"? I guess I'll have to be pushier tomorrow! 1 boost down...2 to go! See you for morning club....Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete