Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Two's Day

Bought a new router yesterday - so we are connected to the internet again at home! Typical night here last night, we got the kids to bed and watched some tv. I honestly can't remember but I think we went up to bed early. I know when we went up the storm was brewing.
The kids were up early and we all went downstairs for breakfast. The neuropathy is back with a new degree of pain in my feet. The abdominal pains comes in waves and I now do believe it might be gas pockets. We got Ellie to camp - it should have been a field trip day but because the impending storms (which never happened) it was rescheduled for later this week. Nick and I drove to Mom's and we got loaded into Mom's car. We knew it was going to be that kind of a day when Nick totally had a blow up tantrum getting into his carseat and then Tony had his own about something. The kids have been watching Christmas dvd's in the car for about the past week and its starting to become problematic. Yesterday while grocery shopping Nick wished every person we passed Feliz Navidad - there were whole aisles of people laughing. Today at the library we was wishing people Happy Kwanzaa in song.
My appointments seem drawn out lately - the slot before me isn't permanently filled so they are using it for simulation and they are always running late now. The treatment itself was fine - I am starting to feel them catch up with me because the hard table board is getting quite uncomfortable both laying there and also getting off. I stopped by Kellogg pharmacy to let Katie know how many days to refill my xeloda and zofran - sh said she'd have it ready for me Thursday.
We went back to Mom's where Nick was a pill and Tony was a nut. I had no hunger today but Mom wouldn't let that happen so suddenly a muffin appeared in a crystal bowl with a doilies. I tired to take a nap but the boys were sort of fighting each other for who could be closer to me - so I got to put my feet up. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and Mom put in Fantasia (Nick wouldn't leave the living room after the sorcerer scene because he was afraid of the monster in the other room). Nick and I left to pick up Ellie - poor Ellie was outside for camp all day and they didn't do water games to cool them off - we came home and she hydrated and cooled off in the air.
Rob came home and he watched the kids for a while so I could take a late afternoon nap. We decided to hit the library to do our weekly check in for the reading club and to pick up some dinner. We came home and ate and I took a bath. We watched Wipeout - Ellie's favorite summer tv program (I so don't understand this). Rob got Ellie to bed and I got Nick to bed and now we are back to our typical night - each of us typing away on our laptops and watching Americas Got Talent. Two weeks from today I will be finished with the radiation and chemo treatment! Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Just think...Nick is so culturally diverse because of summer morning club! I think we need to find some carols in French and Olde English for him. Here's to 2 weeks passing with lightening speed. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete