Tuesday, June 29, 2010

1 More week

Rob I finished watching It's Complicated last night - funny movie we do suggest for your netflix list. Rob went up when the movie finished I stayed downstairs for a while longer. I have found even with ativan it is taking me longer to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. For a change - Nick stayed asleep all night and it was Ellie who crawled into bed with me at 7:15 AM. Ellie and Nick went downstairs to start breakfast while I took a shower. Ellie had a field trip to Pump It Up today (a warehouse that has lots of inflatable jumpers, slides and obstacle courses). We dropped Ellie at camp and headed to Mom's. We headed to the hospital for my appointment. I was called in promptly but then promptly told they squeezed someone else into my 10:15 AM appointment and it would be a couple minutes. They came and got me about 10 minutes later and I took the walk into the treatment room - I feel slower each day. Just a treatment day so a pretty quick appointment. I must look like I need to eat because they wanted to share their chocolate chip cookies with me today. Mom and Nick came around to get me and then we went to Big Lots. We picked up a couple things for the weekend and then I told Mom I wasn't feeling too good and we decided to head home. It was Nick's eating day so he was in constant search for food - opposite of me. I tried to take a nap but really can't get comfortable - when on my back the base of my spine hurts and so do the back of my heels. On my sides either the left or right radiated spots burn and my knees don't feel right together and then where ever my hands are they fall asleep. Nonetheless, I relaxed on the couch for a couple hours. Nick and Mom made "Mommy cakes" long story short it is from some older movie Joan Cusack was in where she made "Beth Cakes" - cupcakes to tempt me to eat - today's choice - apple cinnamon. I had a cupcake when I woke up - very good.
Nick had a breakdown while leaving Mom's today - I think he is still trying to get over some illness - not himself. We picked up Ellie at camp - she was so happy about her field trip. I realized walking into the house my feet were very uncomfortable - propping them on the couch I could see there is a visible red layer on my feet now. Ellie is off at her park play date with her girl fiend, Catherine. Nick is now asleep and will hopefully stay that way. I took a bath to see if soaking my feet helps any and it did seem to - I used a mint foot rub and it felt good while I was messaging it on. I rubbed them in and applied a thick coat of lotion and put on the diabetic socks Mom bought me. It is amazing the products that are now in my household - people coming might think an elderly person lives here. I would be lying if I said this treatment thing isn't catching up to me - I feel old, tried, I am weepy (hormones). 1 more week - only 7 more days of xeloda - 42 more pills. Only 4 more radiation treatments - It was awesome to see my appointment online today - when initially scheduled they took up 2 pages and now they take about about 2". I've been alternating my pins - the "Chemo Sucks" and the "One Tough Chick" and although people look at them the only person to comment on either one was a barista at Starbucks who looked at my pin and said does that say chemo sucks? I said yes, and he said he was sure it does.
Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Love you, my tough chick! You are one hell of a woman! Keep up the great work...almost a the end of phase one! Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me when I think that I have it rough!!!! I love you and fight the great fight my love.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete