Monday, June 7, 2010

School is out

Last night we were flipping between the Hawks game and Next Food Network Star - the rain really cooled the temperature down. We got a call from Uncle Bry and got to catch up a bit and we are hoping he comes down sometime in July to see us.
It was Ellie's last day of school today and we got up and got her off to the bus stop. Nick and I got ready and headed to school for 2nd grade awards. Ellie received MVP Team Player award from her gym teacher. Nick and I darted out of school and off to Mom's. This is my first full week of radiation (I've been eased in by a 3 and 4 day week previously) I think this week will tire me out. It was an ultra quick appointment today - Mom was surprised when I called to say I was through. We drove to our house to pick Ellie up off the bus.
We hung out for a bit before deciding to go to the library to register for the summer reading club. Ellie is very excited that the theme is Clue related this year - Nick was excited that the jungle safari mobile from last year was turned into a train this year. We checked out some books before going back to Mom's for lunch. Mom fixed lunch for us - delicious leftovers from yesterday that seemed to marinate and be better today. I was able to put my feet up and close my eyes for a bit. I am feeling muscular pain today and the feeling is back where I can tell you exactly where they are radiating.
The kids and Mom went out for some vitamin D and to try some beading craft (Nick is not old enough yet). We eventually left for Target to pick up my refill of zofran and to get some new popsicles and breakfast stuff. We came home and got ready for Ellie's pottery class - her summer session began tonight (and thankfully there are enough children registered it won't be cancelled). Nick and I drove Ellie to class and saw Christi dropping Catherine and Ben off for class and they nicely included Ellie in their plans for miniature golf and ice cream tonight. My evening medication drives me nuts because its all about timing - zofran about an hour before I want to eat, eat dinner and then xeolda about 30 minutes after I eat - I feel like I have to set a timer sometimes.
Christi dropped off Ellie for family dinner (she is getting picked up soon). The stupid helicopter is back again tonight - it is seriously going to drive me crazy. We had our dinner together and the kids are watching Hollie Hobbie. I am thinking about a hot shower - not too motivated yet. Oh, I got an award today, too - World's Best Room Parent - this put a smile on my face.
Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather - I am! Visualising my healthy body, Tree

2 comments:

  1. The damn helicopter finally stopped after 2 hours in the air....SO MUCH FOR GOING GREEN!!!! What a waste of gas. Cheers to the best classroom mom of the year!!!!!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wooden beads I'll have to pull out for Nick...Tomorrow looks cold, I think we'll be in the sunroom. I'm so pleased that you are able to recharge a little here. I love you and you know I'll do whatever you need...yes, I'll even insist you eat! Here's to getting 5 days done and finding morning club activities for the full membership! love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete