Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Rob and I actually made it through the movie last night. I forgot to take my ativan before it finished so Rob met me upstairs while I waited a bit for it to sink in. Nick woke up at the crack of sunlight and Rob nicely took him and Ellie downstairs and let me sleep in. I got up at 8 AM and went downstairs - the kids were crafting in the basement. We had a laid back morning because church wasn't until 11 AM today. We got to read the newspaper and just relax before heading out. Our computer router decided to poop out today so we don't have an Internet connection at home right now - I don't know what we will do tonight.
We stayed after church and visited with friends. When we got home Rob replaced the spark plug in the lawn mower (thank you Uncle Bill for picking it up for us) and Rob mowed the grass while the kids played and I got a good nap in.
I have to say my neuropathy is so much better each day - not completely gone but 100% better than it was. The abdominal pain still rolling strong - I was hoping it was a day or two behind the neuropathy and would soon stop but no such luck. We are at Mom and Dad's for dinner right now - a nice BBQ. Our children are wearing on Rob today - too much time together - I guess. Mom made a pretzel torte for dessert - I showed her the recipe in a magazine I got not too long ago - yumm-o. I am going to wrap this up because I am not at home and need to get the family home. I hope all my "Dad" friends had a wonderful Father's Day with their families and a very Happy Father's Day to my Dad, Rob, Ole, Grandpa GG, Uncle Bill, Uncle Bry, Uncle Joe and Uncle Mike, Dean, Edwin and Norm - I think I got everyone in that list (sorry if I missed someone). Visualizing my healthy (abdominal pain-free) body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You looked great today at church. I hoped that meant you'd gotten a good night's sleep.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete