Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And on Day 7 the side effect begin

WARNING - this post isn't pretty - side effects began today and I will describe all of them.
Rob and I got the kids to sleep and tried to watch a horrible video - we ended up flipping between the Hawks game and Tori & Dean. We were both pooped and headed up after the game - I forgot to take my ativan and that became very apparent when I was still awake at 10:30, 12:05, 2:15 and 4:17. I should have just went downstairs and took it but I was seeing if I could fall asleep without it - no luck. Nick woke up a couple times - confused that he was in his bed at home and not in Michigan. Ahhhh.
We were all up early and I had this really gross feeling in my stomach - without any medication. Today started with the diarrhea side effect - so I took a pill. While eating my waffles I noticed they tasted like sandpaper would. Funky tummy. I took my morning xeloda and immediately knew it was going to be that kind of day. I took a compazine very soon after. Nick and I headed to Mom's house. I had a cup of tea thinking that might solve the un-easy tummy but no such luck. I ended up with dry heaves - completely unsatisfying.
We finally headed off to the hospital for radiation. I still felt gross - they actually gave me a bucket for radiation. Another pesky side effect I am having (that I haven't ever had in my life) are bleeding hemorrhoids and because of the radiation I was told not to apply anything to them - ahhhh. I saw a nurse about them today because they truly are painful. She said I could take a bath or a sitz bath a couple times a day and pick up some suppositories with cortisone (not sure how that is going to help out).
Mom pulled around and got me and then we went back to her house - I was out of energy today. I was freezing cold today - even with 2 blankets on I could not warm up. Mom truly tried to make me better today - everything from rubbing my back as I kneeled in front of the toilet to asking what she could make me to eat/drink and taking care of Nick so I could sleep.
Nothing sounded appealing today - no food no drink. Mom made me a good old fashioned grilled cheese and cut a peach and some ginger ale. I was able to keep it down.
Nick and I came home to get Ellie and they have both tried to be good while I relaxed on the couch and took a bath. Another bizarre thing today is a hot mouth - I feel like my mouth is burning up - ice water, ice sherbet, ice - I tried everything to relieve it. As I sat down to write this I got an overwhelming feeling of vomiting again. Dry heaves again - this stinks. I am now walking garbage can in tow. I am now one week down - 4 (and a bit to go) - I am hoping this gets better - I didn't have these kind of symptoms while pregnant. I returned a message Margaret left me last week asking how things were going and we played phone tag - basically unless I become dehydrated I don't need to be alarmed. Visualizing my healthy body, my eased tummy and just plain old wellness, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment