Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday and Body Aches

Regular old night last night except Ellie got to go out with her girlfriend for a special treat at her favorite ice cream parlor. Her flavor selection - blue raspberry sorbet and cookie dough - ewwww. Nick was long asleep when Ellie got home but Ellie caught up to him shortly after she got home.
First morning that we don't need to be up for school and both kids are up super early - I tried to explain summer hours to Ellie - we will see if it sunk in or not tomorrow. We ate breakfast before heading over to Mom's house for the first joint morning club. The kids picked out a movie for the car and we were on our way out. Another super quick radiation appointment this morning but I got to tell you my body aches today. It is getting hard to find a comfortable spot to sleep in because both side are radiated as well as my butt so that leaves sleeping on the stomach which isn't always practical - especially for naps.
We went to Costco after my appointment and picked up the basics and some strawberries that smell so good. We got dinner makings for tomorrow night and then headed back to Mom's for lunch. No one was really motivated to eat - my kids have turned into me. I had a peanut butter and jelly, Ellie had a slice of cheese and a slice of ham, Nick had a couple orange peppers. Mom took the kids to play while I put my feet up and tried to sleep. I am so tired today but my body was not about relaxing to the sleep point.
When I went to the porch it was play-doh time but soon switched to treasure searching in Mom's jewelry boxes. Ellie could have stayed all day but I tried to explain its called morning club for a reason. We ended up heading home and watching some videos and just had chill out time. Rob had to work a school event tonight so I knew it was just me and the kids for dinner and asked if they wanted to go out to Red Robin for a treat - everyone was in agreement. Right before we left Ellie complained her head was hurting her (she has picked up my sympathy side effects lately and has a canker sore also). I was sure it had to do with her not really eating this afternoon and told her she'd feel better after she ate.
We got to the restaurant and ordered - the kids colored their menus in but Ellie seemed out of it. Sure enough dinner comes and she isn't touching anything on her plate and then the tell tale cough comes (the one the pre warns the eminent vomit about to happen). We were right by the bar and I asked for a bag (thinking they would have them right there and knowing there was absolutely no way we were making it to the washroom in time) but the bags were in back and we ended up standing over the garbage can in the bar temporarily. I asked for the check and the manager came over and voided our bill - she was insistent, she said she was a Mom and understood - totally unexpected but totally nice.
We quickly made our way home and I felt so bad but I told Ellie there was absolutely no way I could help her out of her clothing because I could feel my stomach knotting up. Thinking about things with Mom we are wondering if we didn't have some bug in the house - Nick didn't feel right on Saturday, I rarely feel right (but I take the king of anti-nausea pills) and Ellie today. I gave the kids a bath and we put of pj's - Rob is home sooner than planned. Rob and Nick are playing trains and Ellie is watching High School Musical.
My huge accomplishment of the day - I got to refill my xeloda pill case for the 3rd week. Tomorrow is 2 weeks down of xeloda about 4 to go (1/3 done - woohoo). I am not looking forward to the temperature getting hot again tomorrow - I've liked the cool - not the rain so much. Visualising my healthy body (and my family staying healthy), Tree

1 comment:

  1. OK...we go for the threesome tomorrow; it's supposed to be nice...so when I take the kiddies out, you go and lay down on my bed or the guest bed. That way you can have tummy time, or at least the foam on my bed will cushion your tush! Hopefully the kids will all be well and we can just have a return to normal...or a reasonable facsimile. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete