Monday, May 31, 2010

Opening weekend in Michigan

I honestly can't recall all that has happened since Thursday - so this will be the highlights post. On a positive note my radiation treatments really seem to be very quick now - Mom was able to drop me at the door, run to the post office and we were almost perfectly timed for pick-up. On a negative note some pesky side effects are starting.
Ellie had a half day Friday and Rob took a half day so we got to start our ride to Michigan a bit early - not that it really helped still over 3 hours in the car. Jo, Ole and Tony decided to finally take us up on our offer (and constant begging) and join us for some of the weekend - they had the ride from hell, though - over 5 hours.
The new kitchen is awesome - somehow removing the wall seems to have tripled our space. The cabinets look great, Rob did a great job on picking out the tile and installing it and the limestone counter tops are stellar. The original plan for the weekend was to wash everything from the kitchen and get the kitchen re-organized, however, our contractor still needs to sand the ceiling and prime and paint so that would be counter-productive. I ran to get some groceries and Ellie took it upon herself to wash silverware and pans for the weekend (nice surprise). Jo and Ole didn't arrive until late Friday but we let the kids stay up to see them. We all headed to bed shortly after they arrived. Nick fell out of his newly converted crib to toddler bed during the night.
Saturday we divided and conquered. Jo and I took the kids and went to try to find a new kitchen garbage can and the ceiling fan and pendant lights for the kitchen - we ended up with a scooter, a matchbox car garage and a child size sombrero - thank you Goodwill. The boys did some work around the cottage and then took their own road trip. The gang all went down to the beach for a couple hours so I could nap on the couch. How would have thought Memorial Day weekend would be a beach weekend? Jo and I went into town to look for light again (found the pendants at Menards) and for sides for dinner. We ended up doing some damage at Walmart - we found Toy Story cowboy boots for Nick and Tony on clearance and High School Musical shoes for Ellie. Jo found her treasured purchase - adult size jellie sandals. We laughed so much I cried. We went to the soda bar for some ice cream and I came back not feeling so well. Everyone was over tired from the previous night so the kids went to bed early.
Sunday we also divided and conquered. We went up to Holland (in hopes of some jellie sandals in other colors) and the boys road tripped for some car rims. No real finds on this adventure - I did get the kids bathing suits for the beach and I got a pair of gym shoes. We shared lunch together before Jo, Ole and Tony left us to got back to Chicago. Rob took the kids to the beach so I could get my afternoon nap in. We visited with the neighbors when they got back - Ellie played with their girls. We had some dinner and then went into Menards to see if we could make a couple more decisions. We lucked out - found a ceiling fan we both liked and cabinet pulls for the kitchen. We stopped at Nemo's for some ice cream and headed back for the sunset - and it was beautiful.
Today was the worst day for me. I just generally didn't feel good I alternated between crampy yuck to just a bad stomach/head ache. We cleaned up the cottage, our contractor came over for his "to do" list - which seemed to grow this weekend. We got on the road right before the rain started and then it rained the entire trip home. Another 3 + hour ride - this one I really felt. The kids are nuts right now and its bedtime - so I better close up. Visualizing my health body - my normal body - my pain free body. Hope everyone had a very nice weekend, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment