Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June

A little bit better night last night with the air conditioning on. We got up and got dressed this morning. I was able to offer the kids a full menu of breakfast choices. We had breakfast and then we walked Ellie to the bus stop.
Nick and I had a shopping morning. We started off at Salvation, where I was able to get Girls on the Run t-shirts for both Ellie and me for the weekend. A total splurge of $0.73 - incredible! We stopped into Glenview Community - I will have to go back tomorrow because Nick needed to go to the washroom and there isn't one there. We headed to VonMaur and used the toilet and looked through clearance - no deals today.
We went to Costco and I was able to get new beach chairs for Michigan. We have noticed that since the chairs usually go into the beach box wet, they end up moldy and need to be bleached a couple times a season. I found new water bottles for the summer, a set of replacement serving bowls (my fiestaware metal bowls are starting to chip) and an assortment of food.
Nick and I had a very nice lunch at Panera. I am slowly working my way through a stack of gift cards in my purse. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful day. We stopped home to put away groceries. We went to Mom's house to play with Tony. Dad and I took the boys for a walk. Things I learned from the walk today: I am really glad we didn't register for the 5K Saturday because I clearly would not be able to do that much walking, every little piece of crap that landed in my croc felt like splinters of glass being stepped into my foot and finally, Nick weighs too much to be pushing around in a stroller.
We came home after the walk and got Ellie from the bus. The kids immediately went outside to play. We played outside until Rob came home then Nick came inside but not before he got a pretty nasty sidewalk burn. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. While Mom started cutting up fruit for dinner, I gave Nick a bath - he was pretty gross. I helped Mom cut up the rest of the fruit and veggies and then we started to cook dinner. The kitchen was steaming hot and I switched the direction of the ceiling fan blades and that cooled us off - amazing. I had Rob switch the direction on all our upstairs fans.
We had a nice dinner except Ellie wasn't herself. I am not sure if she was tired from playing outside or if it was bad food from school but she was sort of lethargic and appeared to be really ready for bed. Mom and Ellie read Ramona Forever before Mom and Dad went home. We got the kids to bed and came down and watched some tv.
I opened window in hope that the temperature drops low enough tonight to cool off the house. I am so looking forward to my session with Patricia tomorrow because the l-carnitine doesn't seem to be doing anything for the neuropathy. I am steadily building my dose up but the problem is that the dose has to be spread out to a couple doses throughout the day and I forget to take the morning pills. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment