Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lots of running around

Last night's sleep was not too great. I am happy to have the windows closed and I hope this helps everyone sleep better. Rob was up and out ultra early. I opened the gate for Nick and fell back to sleep for a bit. I think I might need to stop the afternoon iced coffee because I end up staying up until 2-3AM and get 4-5 hours sleep then.
Ellie and Nick were already eating breakfast when I came downstairs. Rob left the coffee on for me. I got the kids clothes ready and sunscreened them up. Dad was picking them up to go fishing. I went to TJ Maxx to return a dress and then ran into Marshalls and Old Navy. I was able to pick Ellie up a swimsuit on sale at Old Navy. I came home and waited for Dad to call saying they were coming home.
The kids had the best time fishing. This was really the first time Nick "got it". Both Ellie and Nick caught a few fish. The played at the park before heading home. I got them right into the car and we were off to Meijers. They were having a kids day Cars2 day. The kids got to make stop light treats, picked up some coloring pages and got a goody bag. The best part of our trip there was Tommy Blackhawk (the Blackhawk mascot). He was so funny. He was jumping into peoples carts as they walked by, he was climbing shelves, he climbed onto the conveyor belt, he brought the female employees bunches of flowers. Nick ran up to him to give him a hug and Tommy fell over and then jumped up and did a dance.
We did some shopping at Big Lots to replenish lunch snacks. We came home and Rob was getting home at the same time. The kids asked if Rob would take them to the pool - which he did. I went over to Mom's to paint her toenails. We visited for a bit before I came home. I fixed a salad and cut up some fruit and we were off the Park Ln block party by church.
The kids had a ball between the jump n joy and the zip line in the yard. Rob and I both got to visit with friends and had a wonderful time. Although we knew it had grown dark we weren't aware it was as late as it was. We came home - both kids fell asleep in the car. Rob was able to carry Nick in and put him into bed, Ellie walked in.
I think I got a mosquito bite on my foot but with the pins and needles , I don't really know. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the toe job! Got my pockets removed. Glad ALL of you had a good day! Dad has some great pix of the kids fishing. We'll talk after Church...do you want to drive out together? Use that anti-itch cream on your foot. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete