Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cooled the house down

Had an average night sleep, better sleep the last 40 minutes. I had tapped Rob awake a minute before his alarm was supposed to go off and then fell back to sleep. Next thing I know, Ellie is walking upstairs - I look at the clock and realize the volume on the alarm had been turned off. I got clothes out for Ellie and got her snack together for school. Nick slept in until 8:30AM! Ellie got off to school on the bus and I had a few minutes to enjoy my cup of coffee.
Mom, Dad and Tony picked Nick up around 10AM and took him with them to run a few errands. I went for my appointment with Patricia. She told me that the resident at the hospital put something in my notes that she never sees them write - it was positive progress. We addressed my neuropathy today. Patricia said it was time for the big guns and we did electric stimulation with the acupuncture. Patricia put about 10 needles on the soles of my feet and I literally jumped off the table in pain. She told me that this was actually a good sign because when nerves re-build they are more sensitive to pain. The e-stim felt bizarre - we won't discuss how Patricia could actually see the e-stim working before I could feel it working.
I have to tell you, when you have a whole bunch of needles in your feet and some have been stimulated for an hour - it feels real funky taking those first steps afterwards. I stopped in Glenview Community and was able to pick up a few pairs of capris and a few shirts. I went to Mom and Dad's to pick Nick up. We went out to the porch to soak up some sun and then I helped Mom prune back her lilacs. Nick and I came home to get Ellie.
We went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. Our library does a real good job with their programs - this year they have built a castle in the children's area. Ellie is going to be busy reading this summer - in addition to the library program she has signed up for battle of the books at school.
We came home and the kids went outside to play for a bit. I attempted to do some cleaning up around here because everywhere I look there are piles of crap. Rob came home and carried laundry downstairs for me to wash. We ordered Chinese for dinner because it was cool outside and I couldn't think about cooking dinner. Nick and I drove to pick it up. We had a nice dinner and then Rob gave Nick his bath.
I got Nick to sleep while Rob tucked Ellie in. I managed to get the house into the 60s today. Rob actually pulled the blanket over this legs tonight. I figure we might not have to turn the air on until Saturday this way. Busy weekend ahead - dinner downtown tomorrow, race on Saturday morning (Aunt Carrie will be doing the race with her niece) and b-day party and family Sunday on Sunday. So, I think Patricia might have improved my foot feeling today. However, the one spot on under my middle toe feels like there is a shard of glass wedged there. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I went a little bonzai on the lilacs after you left...good shape. They at least look similar in size to the bush on the East side. Glad the treatment helped a bit...here are some positive thoughts that the good feelings continue and the shard of glass one goes away! Remember that Ellie's Kit outfit needs to be pressed or at least tossed in the dryer for a bit. We'll talk in the morning, I'm sure. Glad you got a few more appointments lined up! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete