Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another busy day

I'll be honest, I passed out early last night. I fell asleep on the couch and went up to bed around 2AM. It took me forever to fall asleep again. Ellie woke me up at 5:45AM to say that her water bottle has spilled in her bed and everything was wet. I thought she went back to bed but she apparently went downstairs and played on the computer. When Rob woke up he nicely shut our bedroom door so I could sleep longer. I woke up around 8:45AM - Nick and Rob had left for church.
I had coffee and went up to swap out Ellie's closet. I took her long pants and jeans and switched them out for capris and shorts and the same with sweaters for t-shirts. Ellie picked out what she wanted to wear today and got dressed. I wrapped the gift for the birthday party and we were on our way.
The party was out in Hoffman Estates at a huge pet store that has a ginormous aquarium. I dropped Ellie and then had a couple hours to myself. I went to Bath and Body Works to pick up some wallflower refills. I stopped in Sur la Table and found some cool gadgets on clearance. I went to Community Thrift and was able to pick up some white t-shirts for tie-dye fun this summer. I went to Target to pick up ziplocs and sunscreen.
I went to pick Ellie up and we headed home. Ellie had a fun time and they even pulled out the hypo-allergenic breeds of dogs for her to pet (she breaks out in hives when dogs lick her). We made great time home, actually faster than the way out. Ellie and Nick played for a bit before we went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday.
This afternoon we honored Uncle Bill (our first family Sunday without him). We had watermelon, salad and pizza from Gullivers. We finished with ice cream sundaes. The kids played outside and it was a lovely afternoon. We left early to come home and clean the kids up. Ellie and Nick both went out on Ellie's deck and Rob passed up some chairs and a table and they snacked outside. It was fun to hear them through the windows.
We got the kids to bed and then Rob and I sat and watched tv. I have to say my feet are improving, although my right foot seems to be a bit worse. It's cancer survivor day today - I get to celebrate my first this year. Super busy week ahead - I have at least 1 thing to do each day and evening and it looks to be scorching heat. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment