Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Productive day

Last night was much better than I anticipated. I thought, for sure, with the storm and how nervous both kids were that we would have company in our bed at some time. We got up this morning and had breakfast and I got clothes ready for the kids. Nick had to wear his camp shirt again because the photographer who took camp pics on Monday didn't have film in her camera and didn't get the pics. Ellie had a pool day today.
The storm left about a dozen branches in our yard but that was nothing compared to a few blocks away. We saw whole trees up-rooted and down on the street. Ellie just kept saying, "Wow." We dropped Nick off for camp and the building had no power. Luckily, it is a nature center and it was a nice morning so they could be outside. Besides picture re-do day it was also rowing day. Nick got to go out in a row boat and tour the lake. They found turtles, fish and frogs.
I dropped Ellie off at camp and her campsite was littered in trees. I went to Salvation but it was fruitless because the power was out and they weren't open. The storm damage was everywhere. I came home and was very productive. I took care of the mess around the house. I was able to get the living room clean, the dining room table sorted and the back room sorted. I talked to Dean for a bit to catch up and make plans.
I picked Nick up and we came home and he helped me drag all the branches to the curb. I added the branches we had cut down during the week to the pile. Mom, Dad and Tony came to pick us up. We were going to grab lunch and go grocery shopping. Traveling to try to get lunch it was apparent that power was out everywhere. We ended up going up to Garden Fresh Market and getting lunch from El Famous.
The boys never cease to provide laughter. Nick was doing his dance in the grocery store - semi hip hop, semi riverdance, semi Peewee Herman. At one point T climbed underneath the cart and was laying on the rack getting a ride. We traveled home and on the way Tony kept telling me I was going to have to go for a wash down. Didn't understand what that meant but he thought it was liquid out the nose funny.
It took us so long to get back home because of all the lights out that we were able to pick Ellie up from camp. They dropped me and the groceries off and Mom and dad took Nick and Ellie home with them for a little bit. Rob was home and working on cleaning up my piles on the table. We took advantage of the kids being gone for some concentrated cleaning effort. We cleaned out the fridge and washed all the shelves and drawers. We loaded the clean fridge with the new groceries. We were able to get all the piles sorted and cleaned up. I got the downstairs washroom clean. I was able to vacuum the rugs and floor.
Mom, Dad, Ellie, Nick, Jo and Tony came over for dinner. We had a delicious salad, cauliflower, fruit, pierogi, sausages and burgers. The kids played for a bit after dinner. Ellie finally got to show Mom her yearbook. We tried to pull the sliver from Nick's foot but I thought the neighbors might report us to the police from all the screaming so we stopped. Everyone left and went home and we got the kids to sleep.
I have every window in the house open right now, it is beautiful out. I feel ultra great about all the things that got done today. My feet are feeling better than they did yesterday. Need to rally the troupes again - could you send some positive thinking my Uncle Mike's way, please. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out for collective positive thinking for Uncle Mike. Thanks also for a fun day and a delicious dinner. We really were lucky we had no damage last night. The drive home showed even more local damage...amazing! Glad Jo and Tony joined us...added a little extra dimension to our Wednesday dinner...good fun! I love our family...we are so lucky we have each other! Love you and the new, normal woman you've become! Mom

    ReplyDelete