Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a day

Could not fall asleep, again, last night. That being said, I was dragging this morning. We got up and got dressed and ate breakfast. I packed Ellie's lunch for her field trip to Lincoln Park zoo. I lathered on sunscreen because it was supposed to be awfully hot today. Nick and I drove her to camp and dropped her off and then came back here to plan out the day.
I emailed the lady about the furniture and got a response saying if we got there at 11:30 it was ours. I called Rob and asked him if we should rent a truck, we did. Nick and I had some food and then we left to head to meet Rob and the lady. The furniture will be great for the kids rooms. 2 dressers, a bookcase and beds (one with a trundle). We were able to load everything into the truck.
I had an appointment with Patricia this afternoon. Rob and Nick went to get some lunch while I went for my session. I told Patricia that my feet are so much better than they were. I thought this would limit the needles to the bottom of my foot but instead, it increased them. I, apparently, have very strong reflexes. Patricia would stand to the side while placing the needles so she didn't get kicked. I had needles everywhere today, feet, legs, hands and head.
Rob and Nick were in the parking lot when I got out. We picked up the truck and went home. Our neighbor, Kevin, was nice enough to come over and help unload the truck. We were able to squeeze (and I mean squeeze) everything into the garage. I think the plan is to sand and paint the beds (Ellie is still debating on colors) and then to most likely sand and paint the dressers and bookshelf.
Nick played outside with Rustine for a bit before it was time to pick Ellie up from camp. Rob went to pick up our second craigslist buy of the day. We bought another set of beds with brand new mattresses and bedding from a surgical resident at the hospital. The beds will go up to Michigan for the kids and the mattresses are for their beds here.
Ellie was hot and worn out from her field trip but the rain stayed away. Ellie and Nick switched into swimsuits and were out the door to play. I tinkered in the garden. I staked a couple plants and then fertilized. Rob came home and we unloaded the truck. The guy told Rob he would happily take any of the set back if we were unhappy with them.
Rob and I talked about wither going to the pool or to a movie and because of the heat we opted for the movie air conditioning. We went to see Judy Moody - cute movie. When we came out of the show the sky was rich with lightening and the wind was really picking up. We got home just in time to get in the house before the huge storm came. There was a loose dog roaming the sidewalk and not one I recognized. I tried to find a tag but there wasn't one on the collar. Ellie is allergic to dogs - so I couldn't bring it in. When the rain started the dog ran back down the street - I hope it got home.
Both the kids were pretty freaked out. I am not sure if it was storm related, missing dog related, Judy Moody zombie scene related or other. Police were on our street today and then our neighbor came over to talk to Rob. I guess there has been a few break-ins in the area, one across the alley. Sheds, garages and such. We told the kids about it so that they would help us get their bikes, scooters and such into the shed and we could lock the shed. Not sure if that had anything to do with the nervousness. Nick kept on talking about a man behind a tree and then he was onto monsters in a train car. I had to hold him to get him to fall asleep tonight.
Rob and I met up on the couch and were remarking we were real happy with our thrifty finds today. I think the kids are very excited about re-doing their rooms. Nick wants his bed painted orange - I am trying to talk him out of that. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment