Monday, June 13, 2011

1st day of camp

I felt like I was drifting to sleep on the couch last night so I made my way up to bed. I twisted and turned for about an hour before I was able to fall asleep. At 3:48AM I heard the tell tale cough coming from Ellie's room. I ran and got her a garbage can and rubbed her back. I asked if she has a headache - no. I asked if her tummy hurt - no. I turned off her light and went back to bed. Rob got up with her another couple times but all ceased around 5:30AM.
We all slept in a bit this morning, rousing a bit before 8AM. I got clothes out and I made Nick breakfast, Ellie tried a yogurt. I packed both of their backpacks for camp and re-read the info sheets to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. Ellie said she still wasn't feeling good but couldn't isolate any specific thing - I ruled this overnight puke session as nerves. Ellie is all about order and routine and camp was going to throw that all to the wayside. Ellie told me what she wanted me to pack in her lunch and she got her water bottle filled and then we were on the road.
I dropped Ellie off first because I wasn't sure how Nick was going to do at drop off. Ellie found her group and I told her she could call me if she needed me. Nick went into the room without a problem and they quickly whisked him into circle time. Not knowing how long Ellie was going to last at camp I just came home and read my book.
I went to pick Nick up at noon and he came running out saying camp was so much fun. He made new friends, had a snack, planted some seeds and learned about nature. We played at the park for a little bit before heading home for lunch. We headed out this afternoon to go to the produce store and stop by Michael's to pick up a bandanna for Nick for camp. Nick helped me pick out fruit for the week and it is so nice that some of our favorites are coming into season. We did a quick run into Bath & Body Works to see what they had in their sale - picked up soap for $1.25 a bottle.
We came home to unload groceries and then we were on our way to pick Ellie up from camp. She had made it through the day and said camp was fun. We went over to Mom and Dad's because the kids wanted to tell them about camp. After the highlights from the day we went outside with Mom and Dad. Ellie, Nick and Tony went over to the neighbors to play with their 2 boys. I kept Mom company while she planted her pots with new flowers. I tried to help but I made too much of a mess so I switched to planting in the ground instead.
Jo came home from work and we got to visit with her for a few minutes before we needed to head out. We came home and Rob had put the rest of the screen around my gardens and had bought some peat moss for me to top coat the dirt. Ellie helped me while Rob took Nick to the park. Ellie and I washed up and went to pottery.
We worked on a couple special projects tonight. Unfortunately, the clay was extremely wet and wasn't rolling the way we wanted it to. We came home and I got the kids dinner ready - they both wanted an a la carte menu - meat roll ups, raspberries and blackberries, carrots and milk. Rob and I had nachos and fruit. Ellie and I took a shower and then we got the kids ready for bed. Rob put Nick to sleep and I tucked Ellie in.
I am just tired today - I need to sleep better tonight. My incision seems to be almost healed. I need to email Dr. Muldoon to find out when I can go swimming. My feet, well they are my feet.
I am asking for collective positive though help. We have a friend who could use some extra positive thoughts being sent her way. She is on her own journey right now and has had difficult treatment. If you have some space in your mind and could offer it to her, I'd appreciate it. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment