Friday, June 24, 2011

I am tired

I guess when all the windows are open and it gets down into the 60s the kids get cold. When I went upstairs last night, Nick was as close to Rob as he could be. I transferred him out of our bed and tried to fall asleep. We were up early this morning because the other downside of open windows is all the noise. The dogs next door started barking at 6:45AM and then the village came by with their trucks and chippers around 7:30AM to get all the downed branches. We all went downstairs and had breakfast and I got the kids clothes ready. I packed Ellie her lunch and then we were off to drop her at camp.
Nick and I came home and we watched Ponyo because we hadn't seen it in months. We went to Salvation and I was able to find a pair of shoes to wear with the dress to the wedding. As much as I love a cute pair of shoes, with feet that feel asleep all the time plus my clumsiness, heels are a definite no no. I was able to find a wedge slide in and I think I can pretty much rest assure that I won't break my ankle. We picked up lunch and came home.
I left Nick and Rob at home and went to pick Mom up so we could meet Jo, Ole & T at the hospital. We were invited to Jo's ultrasound - so honored. It is amazing how many details you can see in an ultrasound now. We got to see a full bladder, the heart beating, a full tummy...beautiful. After, Tony and I skipped around the hospital and played follow the leader. I dropped Mom back at home and came home.
The kids were playing outside with the neighbors. Rob and I talked for a bit before we cleaned the yard up and decided to call the kids in. We went up to their rooms and measured their rooms and furniture and mocked them up on graph paper. It let Ellie move the pieces of furniture around to different locations to see if she thought she would like them (without actually having to move them). We did the same for Nick's room - now we are just trying to decide if we sell his train table and make the trundle into a train layout.
We went to Lowes to pick out paint samples - a huge thing to get to pick what colors you want your room to be. We pulled about 2 dozen samples and will think about things tomorrow. We picked up dinner and came home. The kids finished watching Pippi Longstockings, they watched the first part last night. We went up to get the kids to sleep.
My feet have been strangely not great today. I am not sure if it has anything to do with wearing different shoes than I normally wear or what but they are very pins and needlish. My lower back has also started to bug me. It began on the last ride up to Michigan and has continued. I think I am going to start doing some physical training sessions to see what I can be doing to help my body along. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment