Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Tuesday

Far better night last night - no vomiting or other disturbances. Ellie actually slept in a bit this morning. We all went downstairs and we had breakfast and I got Ellie's lunch ready. It is sort of nice having camp start so much later than school because we have time to visit and talk in the morning. Kitty was frisky this morning and first bit and scratched my foot but then she really bit Nick. I haven't heard him cry like that since his flu shot last fall. Gotta say she left some pretty deep impressions in his calf.
We got Ellie over to camp and then Nick and I stopped into Salvation to see if there was anything interesting. I am looking for a bed frame for Nick and always check the thrift stores. Nothing great today - a couple PJ pants for Nick. We came home and went for a walk to the park. Nick showed me his new talents. He can climb on the edge of the climber and get himself over to the chin up bar all by himself - I was just waiting for him to fall down. He swung on the swings for a bit and then ran all over the park.
We came home and had lunch and then went to work in the yard. I try a little bit each day to weed and trim some of the bushes and garden areas. Rob is on 1/2 days for the rest of the month and when he came home he took Nick outside to play some more. I was able to get a bit further in my book.
We all went to pick Ellie up from camp and then we surprised the kids and went for a treat at Dairy Queen. We drove into the forest preserve to eat and were able to spot a few deer. We came home and the kids went to play with the neighbors, rob worked int he garage and I read my book. Eventually, I saw that Ellie had her roller blades on and Nick had set up a ghetto sled (he tied his sled wot the back of a bike). I took Nick out his roller skates and he tried to skate for the first time. He was fine on the grass but when he took the first glide off the grass he fell and I was just very happy he didn't break his leg. He wanted to take the skates off and never skate again but I convinced him to try with me and quickly put the elbow, wrist and knee pads on him and his helmet.
We played outside until 6:45PM. Rob and I drew up the plan for the engine part of the train playhouse - it will have a picnic table and benches and a control panel. We came in and the kids took their bath and got their PJs on. None of us were very hungry so we had some left overs and I made the kids fruit and yogurt parfaits. We watched America's got Talent and then Rob took Nick up to bed.
Ellie went up a bit later, she did a few rows on her weaving loom and then played on the computer. I was able to finish my book tonight - a good thing because it is due back tomorrow. The biggest thing I have to complain about today is my feet. While normal people might step on a rock or wood chip and think it is uncomfortable - I seriously loose my balance, stumble and feel like my feet are being torn apart. It is hyper sensitivity and super annoying. Tong ht, coming out on the front porch to bring Nick's skates out, I stepped on some seed pod and tripped and ended up using Nick's chair to balance but losing my balance and the chair broke. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment