Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday

Took forever, again, to fall asleep last night. Looking at it now, I think this is anxiety about my port removal tomorrow. This morning we slept in a bit. I got clothes ready for the kids, got them breakfast, made Ellie's lunch and sunscreen and bug spray applied. Mom came to pick us up and we dropped Nick and Ellie off at camp.
Mom and I had our first solo trip out in a long time. We went to Hobby Lobby to look for fabric to make Ellie's new curtains. We found very cute multi-colored fabric that will compliment the Mary Engelbreit look she wants. I was also able to pick up a train plaque to personalize for Nick's room and a couple Mary Englebreit tins that Ellie can put pens or hair clips in on her dresser. We went to pick Nick up from camp and when I was signing him out the director said, "See you next week for the last day of camp." I cannot believe we have almost been through the first 4 weeks of summer.
We went back to Mom's house and Mom made us lunch - a delish bbq vegan pizza. Rob called with some sad news. Our friend, Sandy, had become an angel today. Sandy was one of the first people to connect with me after my diagnosis. She had been through what I was going through and could put words to everything I was feeling. Sandy was always one of the first people to seek me out at church to give me a hug. Always there to give me that pat on the back or positive energy, I know that Sandy's body is not suffering any longer. Many, many positive thougths for the Parker family.
I helped Mom work on a photo project while Dad took Nick and Tony to the park. When they got back, we went to pick Ellie up from camp. We went back to Mom and Dad's and Mom finished planting her flowers in the yard. Rob came over for dinner, we ordered El Famous. The kids enjoyed an ice cream cone after dinner and then we came home.
Ellie and I went upstairs and read her book for about an hour. We watched America's Got Talent and then got the kids into bed. Rob and I have been sitting on the couch listening to tv and playing on our computers. So, I tripped getting out of the chair at Mom's house today and did something funky in the process to my left foot.
I am sort of nervous about tomorrow - not the procedure itself but the possible pain. It is a very happy thing - my last medical necessity will be removed. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for the loss of Sandy...it's a very hard, sad loss. I'm also sorry that you hurt your foot. I knew that twist was off balance. As for tomorrow... You know that fear stuff is the big "F" word! Remember how fearful you were when Plum was implanted? You did very well then, and I have every confidence that tomorrow will go very smoothly for you. Can you take an ativan tonight? It was good to get out together, you and I, today! Not only did we accomplish tasks, we had great time to converse sans kids! Let me know in the morning if you want me to take you to the hospital. One way or the pther, we'll see you when you drop off Nick. I am planning on picking up Ellie...you might be joining me, but I think she's looking forward to it! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete