Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Long day

I watched the clock keep rolling away last night and I could not get sleepy for the life of me. I finally went up to bed around 2:30AM to try to see if being in bed would work - no luck. I finally fell asleep sometime during the 3:00AM hour. Nick crawled into bed with me sometime before 7:00AM but I was able to get him to close his eyes and go back to bed. We slept in - I looked at the clock and it was 8:40AM. I got up and got Ellie and Nick clothes for the day. I went down and got Ellie and Nick breakfast and packed Ellie's lunch.
We took Nick to camp first. Ellie really wanted to see his classroom and his campsite. Once again, he went in and began to play instantly. I dropped Ellie off at camp - they were inside today because of the rain even though it was supposed to be their first pool day. I went to Glenview Community for the 90% off sale. I was able to pick up a couple tops for Jo, a few for Rob and one for me. I found a corduroy coat for me and I picked one up for Tara. The big deal - 4 panels of curtains that I am going to take apart to use the fabric to reupholster 2 ottomans in Michigan.
I stopped by VonMaur to check out clearance. I was able to pick up some socks for Ellie but nothing else was great. I tried on a few dresses because I have a few events coming up that need a nicer outfit. All the dresses looked fine except that Plum really sticks out and looks gross. I was thinking about it - if you don't know what a power port looks like you probably might think a couple things if you saw it. You might check for piercing and tattoos and think it is some bizarre form of body art. You may think it is some medical device. You may think it is an alien living under my skin. Anyway, I did not get any of the dresses and will look for something else.
I went to pick Nick up from camp and he met me with a huge hug telling me that camp was fabulous. We went over to Mom and Dad's because Uncle Mike, Tara, Claire and Pearl were coming for a visit today. We all arrived at the same time. I helped Mom get lunch together and then we went to eat on the porch. It was great to hear the stories from the year and see how each of the girls have changed.
Claire and Tara came with me when I went to pick Ellie up from camp. Ellie walked straight past me to give them a hug. We came home and the rain had picked up. We had arts and crafts time - some lanyards, perler beads and coloring. We had movie time with popcorn. Jo came home from work and decided to stay for dinner and we stayed instead of going back to our house.
We ordered some pizzas and Mom made asparagus and melon. Dad took the girls for a walk and Tara came with me to pick up the pizzas. Rob met us over at the house for dinner. We had dinner and the little boys kept us laughing. The girls got to visit for a bit after dinner before we all had to make our way home. We came home and got the kids to bed.
Rob and I looked through a few posts on craigslist for some things we have been looking for. Feeling pretty good today -just tired and the usual foot madness. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment