Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another hot one

Average night sleep, the kids were up early. I got them breakfast and found cool clothes for them. We got Ellie off to the bus stop and it was already gross outside. Nick and I went to school this morning for the volunteer appreciation breakfast. I stopped into the office to verify our residency for next year and pay Ellie's fees for 4th grade.
The breakfast was very nice. We sat with our neighbors and a few band groups played and the dance troupe performed. We got to visit with Ms. Jody for a few minutes (Nick and Ellie's first teacher). Nick played with his cars and entertained most of the people around us - some were old and weren't so amused.
We left school and went grocery shopping for the week. I was able to pick up sunscreen on clearance because I know we will be going through bottles this summer. We stopped at Burger King to pick up lunch before coming home to drop off groceries and eat. Nick ate his entire burger, 2 apricots and pretzels.
We went over to Mom and Dad's house for a visit. I was able to find some dairy free ice cream on sale and picked up a few pints for them. Nick talked Dad into setting up the Harry Potter train set and playing. I got to visit with Mom for a bit.
We came home and got Ellie off the bus and it was truly gross outside - the car said it was 102. Ellie desperately wanted to play outside but it was too hot and we had a dentist appointment. Ellie talked me into a library run for their first check in. The kids both checked in and got their first stamp and were onto their next challenge.
We got home just before Rob and the kids split an apple before brushing their teeth to go to the dentist. I didn't schedule an appointment for Nick this time because of all the fuss last visit - I wanted him just to watch this time. Ellie went first and did beautifully - 9 and still cavity free! I went next and I was worried because it has been slightly over a year since my last visit and I had all those gum problems with chemo. Turned out my mouth and gums did just fine - no cavities or gum issues. Rob finished our visit up - no cavities (had to put it in). Nick sat in the room and I think got a bit more comfortable with Dr. Gallai - hopefully next time.
The kids really wanted to picnic on Ellie's deck but Rob and I were concerned about the heat on the roof. We talked them into a picnic in the basement. We picked up frosty's from Wendy's on the way home and re-heated pizza for dinner. We had some cherries and raspberries and carrots. Rob went scavenging in the garage loft for me to find lids to several rubbermaid containers and I did my best to organize a bit downstairs. I got all the recently acquired legos into a rubbermaid. Ellie went through her Barbie dolls and picked a few out to donate. I weeded out the toys that the kids have outgrown.
I got Nick to sleep and Rob took Ellie up. Ellie is trying to finish up her cursive workbook to be able to take the cursive test and receive her cursive license. If she passes she gets to write in cursive the last few days of school. We let her stay up and finish her book. Rob and I have been flipping back and forth on tv. This week is flying by and I am so happy I write things down on the calendar because otherwise I think I would be blowing things off left and right. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment