Monday, June 20, 2011

Lazy day

Went up to bed much too late last night but slept in this morning. I got the kids clothes out, got them breakfast and made coffee. I was able to take a quick shower before the kids were yelling at each other. Ellie and I got her lunch packed and then it was a search for her water bottle (left at camp on Friday).
We dropped Nick off at camp first. It was picture day today so he wore his camp tshirt and looked so cute. I dropped Ellie off at camp (indoor day because of the rain) and came home. I should have taken advantage of being kid free and went to look at shoes but I didn't. I came home and enjoyed a cup of coffee and breakfast while perusing craigslist for furniture.
I found a bedroom set with bunks plus a lower trundle, 2 dressers and a bookshelf - going to look at it tomorrow if it didn't sell tonight. I think we would separate the bunks and paint the dressers and new knobs but it would be great for the kids rooms. We have come to reality - we had plans to expand the house in the next couple years but I think that will most likely be pushed back. We told Ellie and Nick we would do mini makeovers on their bedrooms. Ellie wants to paint hers, which it really needs and she has measured everything and is mocking up her dream design on paper.
I went to pick Nick up and had a very un-successful trip to DSW. We seriously walked in and Nick began to run up and down the aisles and we left. We came home and had lunch and did some work in the garden. I got a few more transplants planted. It seems that everything is growing. We picked Ellie up from camp and went to the library for check-in. We came home and the kids played outside with the neighbor kids and I did some more planting and weeding.
Rob came home and we caught up for a bit before it was time to get Ellie dressed for pottery. Rob took Nick to the pool while we were at class. Ellie worked on the wheel tonight and was able to get 2 bowls done. I glazed a few of her pieces because I had no real inspirations for work tonight.
We came home and had breakfast for dinner. Peanut butter, banana pancakes and cheesy eggs. We decided with the sun staying out as long as it is we have pushed bedtime back because it is difficult to sleep when it is still bright out and the neighborhood kids are all still out playing and screaming.
Mom had jury duty today and was picked and has to go back tomorrow. I have absolutely no motivation to clean our house. There is just so much stuff that needs to be gone through. Time sort of stood still after my surgery and piles just keep getting larger. On a cleaning up, sort of note, I will have a Thomas the tank engine toddler bed and a Castle conversion bed for sale soon if anyone is interested. Visualising my healthy and continually healing and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment