Thursday, June 9, 2011

One more day...

I was in awe of the storm last night and stayed up to watch and listen to it. Somewhere along then line, I did fall asleep on the couch. The storm must have been conducive to sleeping because I didn't wake up until almost 6AM. I went up to bed for an hour or so. I was amazed to find both kids still in their beds, Nick slept in until a bit after 8AM. I got Ellie ready for school and Nick woke up just in time for us to drive Ellie because the storm was still mighty strong.
We came home and I started getting ready for field day -which turned into very sad kids in a classroom day. I ordered the pizzas, cut up cucumbers and apples and packed my bag. I was talking with Mom on the phone and Nick asked if he could go over to their house instead of coming to school with me and Mom said he could.
I dropped Nick off and came home to finish getting things ready. I had emailed Mrs. Bart to find out what the plan was and the plan was to have a movie, craft and game room and the kids could choose which room they wanted to be in. I rounded up some games and was on my way to school. I was able to unpack the bags and set up before the kids came back from another room. The kids were genuinely sad about the rain out of field day but we did the best we could to make it fun. I bought Jelly Bellys (which the bonus was they don't contain gelatin so everyone could eat them) and popsicles.
The movie was Up, they were making covered wagons in the craft room and the game room was bursting at the seams. I stayed until the kids went down to the gym for some running around time. I came home and unpacked my bags. Rob came home early - he had gotten a haircut and his $1 sub from Jimmy John's today. We were able to talk for a little bit before he went to help a friend set up her computer and I went to pick Ellie up from the bus.
It is absolutely unbelievable that the temperature is 50 degrees cooler than yesterday. I was freezing at the bus stop. Ellie and I went to Mom and Dad's to pick Nick up. Mom was telling me their plans for the evening and Ellie asked if she could join them. Ellie stayed and Nick came home with me. I tired to do some cleaning up around here because the house is just a disaster right now. I got together a couple bags to go to Michigan. Dean was coming over so we could fill his car up with crap that needed to go up to the cottage this weekend. I had the new beach chairs and a couple bags of toys and art stuff.
Dean came over and we loaded his car and then ordered dinner. Nick went with me to pick dinner up and to get a balloon from Dengeo's. We had a nice dinner together and Nick told Dean about life. After dinner Nick danced for us and made us laugh. We got Nick ready for bed and Ellie came home with Hello Kitty Yahtzee. I got Nick to bed and Rob got Ellie to bed. I had to close the windows - my feet are freezing.
My incision was still bugging me a bit today. I looked at it and it looks real good, the part where Scarlett was is totally closed it is just the far right end of the incision that is still open a wee bit. My feet have the pins and needles with the addition of just being cold. Tomorrow is Ellie's last day of school - yeah! We will be taking Rob's Mom up to Michigan where she will stay for the summer. I will post again on Sunday. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment