Friday, June 3, 2011

What an adventurous day

Good night around here last night - I went to bed early and slept pretty well. This morning was the usual stuff - get dressed, breakfast, pack snack and get Ellie to the bus. Nick and I went to pick Jo up after Ellie left. We went garage sale shopping this morning for our ever growing children. I think I can share now - Jo and Ole and expecting their 2nd child in the fall, so happy!
We had good success at sales today. I think I ended up with a very good start to Nick's fall wardrobe and a couple items for the summer. Jo found a booster seat for Tony. We came home just before lunchtime and Nick went immediately into the bags to locate his treasure. Ole came to pick Jo up and then we had some lunch.
Rob and Nick left to pick up Nana from the airport. Rob told me that he fell asleep on the car ride. It was a good thing because traffic was bad and it took Rob 1.5 hours to get to Midway. I got our clothes ironed for tonight. I got Ellie from the bus and we ran to Target quickly to buy some summer dress shoes for Ellie. I didn't think the red and black crocs would look too pretty with her lovely Kit outfit.
We came home and Horticultural was here filling my garden containers with dirt so that I can plant our veggie garden - woohoo. We got our things ready for tomorrow, took our showers and got dressed. We had a nice drive to American Girl - Ellie was super excited. We got there and were seated with 3 other groups. The other girls at our table haven't don't the race before and were very excited and nervous about tomorrow. Ellie re-assured them that they could do it.
We had dinner and were treated to a girl power, moral booster seminar. After dinner we walked around the store and Ellie showed me what items she wanted to put on her wish list for the future. We walked through Water Tower - not too many stores that we felt the need to actually go into. We did hit the children's section of Macy's and we lucked out on some awesome clearance buys. We found out that the girls fitting room has the most wonderful view of the lake and Navy Pier - truly wasted on the fitting room. Ellie picked out 2 new dresses - one ended up being $5.20 and the other $6.57, originally over $100.00 for the two. I picked Nick up a shirt/vest combo for dressier occasions this summer.
We walked along Michigan Avenue and stopped at John Hancock to look up and then to the pumping station to look into the glass windows. I took Ellie up to the lobby at the Ritz - if we didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow I would have stopped and had a glass of juice with her - she was in awe. We drove home the long way so that we could plan where to park for the race tomorrow - we think we figured it out.
Rob and Nick took Nana to Glenview and then went to the family fun night at school. They had dinner and Nick went in the bouncers and then the fire department came to hose down the kids. It sounded like they had a bunch of fun together.
I honestly have to say, my left foot does feel better today. I think the e-stim really worked. Do I dare say I have broken the seal on the new normal? Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! So glad it was such a great day...what a great start for a wonderful weekend for all of you! Glad to hear about the feet! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete