Monday, June 6, 2011

It is hot out there

Another tough time falling asleep last night. It was Nick who was up at 5:45AM today - this has to stop. We got up and got dressed and had breakfast. I jumped in the shower quickly while the coffee was brewing. We walked Ellie to the bus stop and it was already starting to get clammy outside.
Nick and I hit Menards this morning to pick up vegetable fertilizer and stakes for the beans to grow on. We picked up a treat at Starbucks and went to sit in the woods for a bit and watch the wildlife. We pulled the car in and there was a deer about 10' away, many busy chipmunks, squirrels and birds. Nick loved it. We opened the sunroof and he looked out from up there.
We came home and put the fertilizer out in the garden. I didn't leave enough room between the container gardens for someone with balance issues and while trying to back out from between the boxes I ended up getting the chicken wire cut into my leg. We came inside and had a snack before going for my appointment with Dr. Muldoon.
Nick amused all the people in the waiting room playing with his Matchbox cars. The medical assistant was a girl I had gone to middle school with - funny. Dr. Muldoon looked at my incision and was impressed at how it was healing, I told him about staphysagria. He asked how things were going and had been. I explained things were pretty much back to normal (bowel wise). I told him I never had the explosion, the urgency issues or the need to sit on the toilet all day. I also told him about the stupid resident who put the fear meter all the way to high right before my surgery - apparently, he is from plastics and isn't with Dr. Muldoon any longer.
I will see him again in about 4 week. I still have my 10# weight restriction to prevent another hernia. Nick and I stopped at Mom's to drop off an inhaler and visit. Nick and Tony played for a bit before we came home to get Ellie off the bus. I agreed to let the kids wash my car because they wanted to play outside. After the car was washed I put the sprinkler out for them to run through. I found fertilizer in the garage for the regular garden beds and decided to give them all a good dose. I did some pruning back of some of the shrubs and bushes.
Rob came home and I came inside for a cool off break. It was soon time to get ready for pottery. Nick and Rob were going to run to Home Depot to pick up some dirt and grass seed. We needed to seed where Rob placed all the dirt he took out for the electrician and we have a couple areas in front that never seem to take. Pottery was fun. Ellie started making a house that she wants to use as a candle holder. I worked on tiles because I liked the way my tile came out from last month.
We came home and had dinner and then it was time for bed. I wouldn't have thought Nick would have just passed out from being up so long but it took him a while to fall out. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Glad post op visit went smoothly...didn't expect anything else. Why didn't you tell me you hurt yourself in the garden? You are welcome to use one of our walking sticks to balance your way through the garden beds if you would like. Did you gals happen to find my lady bug pin pot to glaze? Have a nice morning at the breakfast...we'll talk after. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete