Friday, October 1, 2010

Hormones stink

Rob and I watched Grays and Private Practice last night before Rob went up. I put on Steel Magnolias for some stupid reason - luckily I fell in and out of sleep mode finally going upstairs around 12:30. Usual morning - Nick trying to pry my eyes open and finger torture. I got the kids clothes and Ellie was off to the bus stop (I guess this is something I will need to work on in the next week - getting up in time to do morning duty). Rob had a couple errands to run so Nick and I went to Mom's for a while to play with Tony.
Nick and Tony played with trains and watched a a couple videos but Nick eventually said let's go home. We did have yummy cinnamon rolls that Mom made before we left. Nick and I came home and he asked Rob first thing if he would take him outside - and outside they went. Mrs. B stopped by with a goodie bag filled with anti-oxidants - chocolate and red wine - yum. We had a nice visit and were able to catch up and have a couple laughs. Nick came in asking for my lunch order - it was too cute and then Rob and Nick headed out to pick up lunch. Mrs. B left when the boys got back. We had lunch together - Nick helped make lemonade and then consumed 3 glasses back to back. Mrs. B had bought cookies from our fave bakery and Nick was delighted to have a special treat for dessert.
Rob and Nick came inside to play with his trains and I informed Rob that I was taking some advil and taking a nap. Rob and Nick got Ellie off the bus and stayed outside - they even put up our outdoor Halloween decorations - I am usually the decorator but they did a wonderful job and they even left me a couple things to do. I called Mom to see if Jo wanted to got to Target with me - I couldn't even guilt her into it but I needed to pick up some basics so I went by myself. When I left Kevin and Sherri (our neighbors) were outside with Rob and I got a first hand look at the decorating - we made a couple adjustments - Rob took our decorating to new heights this year (our second floor) and I just though some of the things were going to lost in the dark. We visited for a while before I made my way tot Target.
I picked up Ellie's allergy medication, creamer, paper plates - I looked through Halloween decorations but really saw nothing I felt we needed to add to our yard. I picked up some movie candy for tomorrow night and popcorn. I can't believe I haven't been to Target in 3 weeks - I swear that is a record. I came home and the kids came inside from playing. I gave them their bath and got them in their pj's. We had re-heat night and everyone seemed ok with that - everyone got to pick what they wanted and we had the clean plate club. Ellie had her Mrs. B cookie and Nick finished his while they watched an episode of Arthur. Rob and I finally got some time to talk - I asked him to consider taking another week off work - Nick will be starting preschool the end of next week and I am an emotional wreck. In the too much information department - I haven't had my period since May - I have been told by both Dr. Nanda and Dr. Marsh that they really don't know if I will or won't have it again. I know I have blogged about this before and really don't think menopause at 34 sounds like a good idea but now not having a period in months I am indifferent. The past couple days though I am constantly on the verge of tears - hormones suck.
Ellie had a bunch of questions tonight when Nick and Rob were upstairs and tears would well up in my eyes and she would look at me and ask if I need a kleenex? I think she was ok with my answers but I think she is worried again. I assured her that the port is not surgery and is just a procedure - I would be home just hours after it is inserted. Ellie finally asked some questions about "my bag". Ellie is always curious and she has been very hands off on my ileostomy - we have the doll so she knows about the "button" or "bagel" but that has been about it. We talked tonight about why I cannot eat certain foods and about food absorption and where different parts of digestion or absorption take place. We talked about how the ileostomy was formed and how it will be reversed. We talked about if I were to eat certain foods how I could have a blockage and need to go back to the hospital. Nothing was off limits and I was constantly fighting back tears.
Ellie told us today how she discussed with ms. Doolas how a particular girl in her class (the daughter of the neighbor who informed me that satan was inhabiting my body in the form of cancer) is bullying her. This girl is attempting to rule the roost and will not let Ellie join in when they are having recess and if another child tries to intervene and let Ellie play this little girl says the game is over. I have though of a couple responses - initially I was going to let Rob show her how to break a kids nose but decided against this route and I think I am going to go with - way to be a good Christian or how un-Christian of you. For all I know this family lights candles and swears of satan each night or this girl has been told not to play with Ellie because her Mom embodies satan - I don't know - all I know is I am really quite tired of this crap and I am taking off the gloves. I am about to play the cancer card and it so not going to be pretty. On the positive side - Ellie got 100% on her 1st AR test and was super excited to talk about Halloween.
Other than the back pain today and the pulling pain of the incision that is covered by the wafer - I am feeling pretty good. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Why didn't you tell me that you were on the edge today? Are your hormones lining up with Jo's? Poor P is probably just starting to act out against her mom' s tyranny...it might not have anything to do with Ellie. In the meantime we don't want Ellie alone on the playground. Girls! We'll talk In the morning...got to boost some emotions on Tripp! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete